Search the forum,

Discuss Glow-worm boiler settings help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, need some help please.

we have moved into a new house which has glow-worm easicom 28 installed. The heating is set to 70 and hot water is set to 60 on the boiler and the hive is set to 22c

The problem we are having is 1) that it takes almost an hour for the radiators to start heating or even reaching 70c.

2) when the boiler does reach 70c then it doesn't stay like this and cuts off this mean that the room temperature doesn't reach 22c. It seems to me that the boiler goes to anti cycle mode and radiators start to cool down.

On top of that, when we open the hot water tap, the temperature drops let's say it was 60, to 49 and stays like this for at least 5-7 mins before firing up. This mean it takes forever to heat the house.

We have british gas cover and when the engineer came out to do the annual service, he said since there is no fault code, everything is as it should be and left. But I am not convinced that the boiler is behaving as it should be so I read forums on the internet where people have mentioned about modifying d.00 to 18 (We have 9 rads inc towel rail), d.01 to 7 mins and d.02 settings from 20 to a lower number i.e. 2 or 5.

So I am wondering if someone would be kind enough to provide some guidance on the settings please?

Regards,

Last edited:

Reply to Glow-worm boiler settings help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at 55°C, but the boiler keep showing the Return Temperature is 60°C (and keep raising at 1°C/min rate) Also the flow temperature keeps going up above the set point and when it reaches +5°C above the set point, the boiler shuts down (even before the room...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm horizontal flue right? I mean when a bg gas engineer tells you that you'll have to change the whole boiler as well because you can apparently no longer...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor circulating the hot water. There are two wall-mounted time adjustment thingies—one for hot water and heating, and the other for the motor. Oh, and...
Replies
Views
Hi all We have a Glow Worm combi Ultracom 38cxi boiler fitted in our house, which has been running really well for the past 10 years. Recently we have had an issue with the shower and water taps suddenly running cold water when we have the taps set to hot, the water will keep going hot and cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock