Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm boiler issues in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

We have a glow worm ultimate boiler (see pics) , we are new to the house but know it's around 20 years old, regularly serviced.

Since last week we have had various issues:

First the fuse blew, changed it. It then blew again and tripped all sockets. Changed to a 5amp.

Hot water and heat usually on a timer, after this heating was not coming on at all. No problems with hot water.

Had a relative out (electician) who thought it may be the control panel not sending signals to the boiler properly to change from water to heat. We had diverter valve replaced around 3 months ago as that was faulty and had no problems after that, so doesnt seem to be that.

Heating then started coming on at random times. We've now today got no heating or hot water, control panel is on but boiler hasn't fired up at all.

Does this sound like a control panel issue?

Dont want to go getting a new one if it's not that.

Thanks in advance
20191126_190418.jpg

20191126_190444.jpg

You can get really well re conditioned electrical parts for these boilers at a fraction of the new ones from IGNite heat spares...replacement fans and pcbs I know and have used ignite often, for Gloworm ...use the schematic diagnostic at the back of the guide its really quite good. centralheatking

Sounds more like a control issue external to the boiler, rather than the boiler itself. It's probably best to get a 'Registered Professional Gas Engineer' out to check everything over, and test what is happening.

If you think it's the clock your electrician should be able to check this quite easily.
Agree mate could be as simple as a loose wire recheck the wiring on the valve have you got 240v on the orange when calling for heat ?

Reply to Glow worm boiler issues in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock