Search the forum,

Discuss Glow Worm 23c -Discontinued in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maca7

I have had a leak from a part on my boiler. I guy who came round said he can't get the spare part anywhere and we will need a new boiler as this one is now discontinued. Is this correct?
It's a black pipe to the left of the gas control valve, that has somehow bust and was squirting water out of the front of it.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Last edited by a moderator:
No,you can still get parts,can you take a picture and post ,of part you require,then maybe could give part no

Otherwise get a plumber who knows what he is doing

However do not spend to much on this boiler,maybe better putting it towards a decent unit

imho

Thanks Puddle,
I hope you can see this picture, i've circled the faulty area. When we took the cover off it was as if someone had pin pricked the black part and water was squirting directly out towards me.

[DLMURL="http://picasaweb.google.com/Andrew.McAteer/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCPiAzJ2e7-bu0wE&feat=directlink"]Picasa Web Albums - Andrew - Drop Box[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a pin ***** in the Hydroblock which I've seen a few times.

Parts for this are definitly still obtainable and i have had many left hydroblocks on glow worm's pin hole. takes aprox 1.5 to 2.5 hours to replace.
sounds like the plumber is trying to play a fast one.
i suggest getting a different heating engineer to give you a quote on replacing the hydroblock first

Thanks for the advice. Any idea how much a hydroblock will set me back, and direct us to a decent supplier

id order the hydroblock and call engineer to tell him youve sourced the part yourself if for nothing else to hear his reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow Worm 23c -Discontinued in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Glow Worm Ultracom 30sxi boiler that provides central heating and also heats a hot water tank. There are no error codes shown on the boiler but recently the hot water has stopped working. If I try and change the temperature under the tap symbol, it just displays 'no'. The boiler is...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
I have an old Glow Worm Fuelsaver 40B Mk 2 installed on the kitchen wall. In November, the heat exchanger began making a kettling noise. It’s done this before. In the past, simply draining and refilling the system to flush out loose deposits was enough to stop the noise. In November 2021, I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to see if I can find a compatible gas valve for my Glow Worm 45/60 boiler part number UK48RBB01 any help would be much apricated.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock