Search the forum,

Discuss gas pipework installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glenno1

can anybody tell me if its within regulations to install a 15mm gas pipe vertically up a wall across the top of a door frame and back down the other side,all in all the run is 16-17 meters including fittings.My only other option is to dig up the concrete floor which id rather no do.Thanks

running it in the manner you describe isnt a problem what may be a problem is what its running to and if the gas supply will be sufficent and you have to keep preasure drop within 1 mbwhich will be difficult on that length of run

it will be feeding a hob but cant put this in place till kitchen is fitted

i'm sorry, but anyone who has done their ACS would know the ins and outs of running a pipe on the surface,

im sorry,but ive done acs ccn cen1 htr1 ckr 1 cpa but it was a query because another plumber said i couldnt do it this way

im sorry,but ive done acs ccn cen1 htr1 ckr 1 cpa but it was a query because another plumber said i couldnt do it this way

Get the other plumber to read his books again.
As long as it is securely clipped and is of sufficient size, no problem.(although it does sound like a long run for 15mm but I can't be bothered to calculate it).

fair enough and best to ask , but it does seem like a very very basic CCN1 question, although sometimes when someone tells us we are wrong we just believe them, so apologies if i am rude

Get the other plumber to read his books again.
As long as it is securely clipped and is of sufficient size, no problem.(although it does sound like a long run for 15mm but I can't be bothered to calculate it).

if the 16-17 metre run INCLUDES bends this will supply about 1m3/hr which will satisfy c10kw appliance

Said it before on here ,
as soon as you mention your doing this or that with a gas appliane pipe or whatever half a dozen so called experts all have an opinion on it whilst drinking tea down the merchants . does my head in and in my experience majority of them arnt that good anyway . Now i either do
A, Ask the engineers i know as most are ex british gas
B,come on here and make a query and what for , kirkgas,diamondgas,gasman to respond

Said it before on here ,
as soon as you mention your doing this or that with a gas appliane pipe or whatever half a dozen so called experts all have an opinion on it whilst drinking tea down the merchants . does my head in and in my experience majority of them arnt that good anyway . Now i either do
A, Ask the engineers i know as most are ex british gas
B,come on here and make a query and what for , kirkgas,diamondgas,gasman to respond

I hope that was not directed at me gaspastemania?
As I was the only one to reply apart from kirkgas, I take that as a direct dig against me?

The only reason I did not provide the correct rating, calc to the op, is that if he was a gsr engineer,(sorry glenno1) he should know this anyway.

I know I am new to the forum but I can assure you I do know my job.
Do you think because you have a higher post count, you must know more?

Look through my other posts and you will see I am here to help but if it is that type of forum why bother?

I hope that was not directed at me gaspastemania?
As I was the only one to reply apart from kirkgas, I take that as a direct dig against me?

The only reason I did not provide the correct rating, calc to the op, is that if he was a gsr engineer,(sorry glenno1) he should know this anyway.

I know I am new to the forum but I can assure you I do know my job.
Do you think because you have a higher post count, you must know more?

Look through my other posts and you will see I am here to help but if it is that type of forum why bother?
look again you wasnt the only person to reply apart from kirk as i had replied earlier sometimes things you type dont sound the same when read back its best not to be to touchy on here

I was refering to gleno saying that 'another plumber said'
Which is why i was saying thats what does your head in , as far as i am aware posting on here is for advice and the names i mentioned on here i find are pretty much on the button , it doesnt mean that everyone else is rubbish !!!!

also i was stating my experience on reg basis when mention to some random down the merchants that installing gas this or that then suddenly they start spouting annoying crap!!!

In that case I apologies gaspastemania.
Crossed lines, I think .
And your right Steve sometimes it is difficult to get crossed lines in text.

Misunderstanding understood.

In my defense, I have been drinking.:hat:

Last edited:
Shucks!!

I thought I was witnessing the beginning of a bust up ... why's everyone so flamin' nice on this forum?

Does me 'ead in.

Kirkgas thanks for your apologies but it was like you say if someone questions your work then it puts a doubt in your mind.and others Thanks for information from yourself and others that replied. Cheers

Been on some other forums and they seem to be full of the "Bright blue snicker trouser wearing, lean on the counter at plumb center drinking bovril, 2 full systems in a day, know it all, been there, done that, got the t-shirt (which barely fits over me beer gut) arrogant, never wrong" tosser. When you've been on here a while, you'll find the majority of lads and lasses are more than generous with their expertise and opinions and sometimes it's easier to ask a basic question on here than go rooting through the van at arf 11 at night for the corgi book. No matter how experienced people think they are, the questions are only easy if you know the answer!

im with you on that 1 leelister and i find the old school are the most helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas pipework installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock