Search the forum,

Discuss Gas installation free labour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

New to the forum, I am looking for gas work experience as I am undertaking my gas diploma in order undertake my CCN1.

My company only look after commercial systems and I require domestic installations for my portfolio evidence. My company are willing to release me to gain this evidence.

I am a NVQ 2 qualified plumber and can install pipe work.

If you are in Newbury Berkshire or surrounding areas and would like some completely free labour in exchange for some experience and the odd photo please get in touch.

Thank you in advance

Hi All,

New to the forum, I am looking for gas work experience as I am undertaking my gas diploma in order undertake my CCN1.

My company only look after commercial systems and I require domestic installations for my portfolio evidence. My company are willing to release me to gain this evidence.

I am a NVQ 2 qualified plumber and can install pipe work.

If you are in Newbury Berkshire or surrounding areas and would like some completely free labour in exchange for some experience and the odd photo please get in touch.

Thank you in advance
Why are you doing domestic If your company only does commercial?

I just feel like it will be a waste of my time if I don’t get the evidence. I really want my gas ticket just need some help I have literally done 2 weeks out of 30 So I have plenty of time surely someone out there could help. I mean who wouldn’t want an extra pair of hands that don’t need paying. I am skilled in pipefitting using various jointing methods and anything I don’t know I’m a fast learner. Always on time ( ex forces) just an honest guy trying to make the best out of a situation that is totally crap.

I just feel like it will be a waste of my time if I don’t get the evidence. I really want my gas ticket just need some help I have literally done 2 weeks out of 30 So I have plenty of time surely someone out there could help. I mean who wouldn’t want an extra pair of hands that don’t need paying. I am skilled in pipefitting using various jointing methods and anything I don’t know I’m a fast learner. Always on time ( ex forces) just an honest guy trying to make the best out of a situation that is totally crap.

I dont want to pis$ on your parade, and I hope it all works out for you. But industry professionals are inundated with similar requests. It actually is not "free" labour. You have to be supervised, paperwork to support your evidence has to be filled in, and the pro is responsible for everything you do (or don't) do. It also likely that you would be technically an employee, and you would have to covered under employyee liabiltiy insurance - and the provider of the Public Liability insurance would also have to be aware.

Thanks for your advise. You haven’t Soded on my parade and I understand what you are saying. I understand the supervision aspect and insurance costs. The way to look at it is you can price for 2 men on a job except you don’t need to pay me so it kind of equals itself out. Im kind of aiming this at the local gas man and a van. Like I have said before I am competent and qualified in everything except legally I have to get this ticket to do the final connections on the gas and commissioning. I work on commercial systems, day to day, and I’m sure there have been people asking before who expect to turn up sit in the van and take some photos at the right moments, i graft and work hard as it’s what I enjoy. As you can see from the thread it’s my company who have made this difficult situation I’m just trying to be pro active. Kind regards

Thanks I never thought of local council I will give them a try. Also I have just started once a week first day was a general walk and talk through the course, but I have made him aware there may be portfolio issues.

Reply to Gas installation free labour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock