Search the forum,

Discuss Flexis, why do people do this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BN9Pete

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I have seen this done a few times lately, a flexi coming out of a tiled boxing connecting a WC cistern.
Nothing wrong with using a good quality flexi if fitted correctly, but this is just wrong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 146
Idiots! Public don't know it's wrong, so anything goes.
That flexi in the first picture has a very sharp bend on it also.
I have always managed trying to avoid using flexis.

I haven't got the picture anymore but went to price up a full refeurb with my mate where the Electric shower was tee'd off the bath tap feed with 2 900mm Flexies connected together, they'd leaked and all the floor joist where rotten

A first happened this week, I saw two WC cisterns at two different jobs with a 3/4 x22 flexi used for an overflow, one I removed as I was changing the pan and cistern, the 22mm part was cut off and the hose part was just pushed into an Osma overflow pipe.:confused5:

The other one was going into a tiled boxing, the same job as the 1/2 tight flexi.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 190
I haven't got the picture anymore but went to price up a full refeurb with my mate where the Electric shower was tee'd off the bath tap feed with 2 900mm Flexies connected together, they'd leaked and all the floor joist where rotten

Sounds sexy

I have seen this done a few times lately, a flexi coming out of a tiled boxing connecting a WC cistern.
Nothing wrong with using a good quality flexi if fitted correctly, but this is just wrong.

People who do this are generally trained in Poland.

I doubt they are trained in Poland.

A builder I do a lot of gas work for (Old boy with ''loads of experience'') has been in the trade for over 40 yrs. Now and again, I do kitchen taps etc for him. This only happens when he tries to connect some of these fancy American style taps and comes a cropper. Then there is that phone call, claiming his apprentice fitted a tap but it is leaking?
All taps he fits are done in flexis

Polish trained plumbers would put most of us to shame. They work in iron and iron.

The Polish bloke(s) my wife contracted to do the porch are doing a wonderful job, even if I say so. Trouble is, it was to be done in 2-3 days. We are into the 3rd week, and they have not finished?????
Apart from the delay and most importantly damage done to my van, I'm impressed by their work. A customer of mine wants to convert her house into 2 flats and all have been approved by council. she wants me to get her a builder. I would have gladly give them the job but reckon they will take forever to finish it. Chances are they have their hands in too many pies

The Polish bloke(s) my wife contracted to do the porch are doing a wonderful job, even if I say so. Trouble is, it was to be done in 2-3 days. We are into the 3rd week, and they have not finished?????
Apart from the delay and most importantly damage done to my van, I'm impressed by their work. A customer of mine wants to convert her house into 2 flats and all have been approved by council. she wants me to get her a builder. I would have gladly give them the job but reckon they will take forever to finish it. Chances are they have their hands in too many pies

they might be taking so long on your porch because they got their hands in your missus' pie lol

Worked on a site in london and not one person spoke english...Was the fastest most efficient site ive ever seen.

I agree, just a shambles, there are too many plumbers these days who dont think of the future , or it was the custard who boxed in all the plumbers ugly surface piping , either way just po0p

they might be taking so long on your porch because they got their hands in your missus' pie lol

The chap (recommended by her friend) who came quoted for and got the job turned up on day one with a friend.
- Day 1, They arrived at 7am. I left at 7:45. By 8:30 pm, they had left, saying they need to get some materials. They didn't return that day.
- Day 2, his friend arrived at 10am (saturday). Wife left and by 11am, he just dissapeared? I assumed he was done for the day, so locked up and was driving to the allotment when I passed him on his way walking back with a carrier bag. I turned back and opened the door for him. When I got back an hour later, he was just sat there, drinking a can of Special Brew and smoking non stop? He drank all FOUR cans going in and out of the toilet, then left doing very little work.
- Day 3, Sunday he came for an hour. He was responsible for doing the brickwork. This pattern continued
Last week a different chap came and did the plastering.
You want to see the mess they have made in the front garden (my pride and joy)? Why would a trademan/woman not respect customers property? They have trampled over everything, thrown powder of some sort all over the garden. Arrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh.
I'm keeping my cool. Chances are they have their hands in the missus's pie as has been suggested, so I better not ruffle any feathers. If they keep her occupied, I am free from that duty

Obs just kidding about the pie thing mate. Sorry to hear about the porch saga. The special brew would have sent alarm bells ringing and I would have had em off site there and then. Hopefully they'll have it finished soon and you can put it down to experience.

Obs just kidding about the pie thing mate. Sorry to hear about the porch saga. The special brew would have sent alarm bells ringing and I would have had em off site there and then. Hopefully they'll have it finished soon and you can put it down to experience.

Did not bother telling the missus about him drinking? She would have hit the roof.
The funny thing is she keeps putting the blame on the other workmen?
''Where on earth did he find these blokes?''
In her books, the main chap is wonderful, but the guys doing his job are awful. Really?
Just goes to show how some customers can be taken in. Instead of laying the blame on the main guy, she blames his staff? I have to laugh

9b4444f026865afd3ab60121f4fbce7e.jpg

I do the gas certificates for some student lets and they have a couple of foreign 'maintenance guys'. Plumbing is horrendous throughout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexis, why do people do this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock