Search the forum,

Discuss Firebird enviromax unused for 2 years causing trouble after oil tank filled in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sarsar

Hello all

I have recently moved in to a property that was vacant for 2yrs. After spending £600 having a service, replacement hot water flow switch, pump valves, top up valve, oil pump, solenoid actuator and several weeks of the engineer coming back and forth before we got any heating, it worked for about 2 weeks! Oil was at 300litres so decided to get it topped up, it worked intermittently for 24hrs and has not completely packed in. My house is like a building site, all I want is a little warmth....please help before I run my car over the evil thing!

Thanks in desperate anticipation.

Put up a location and someone on here maybe nearby to help out.

dont use your original plumber, seems like he did everything but change the filters on the oil line, which might have helped in the first place!

And there you have it. That once in a lifetime occurrence where me and him agree.

Which means we're right.

And there you have it. That once in a lifetime occurrence where me and him agree.

Which means we're right.

sometimes your sarcasm goes too far, after all you are agreeing with my opinion. Occasionally, therefore you get things right :)

If heating oil gauge is old tankmaster Mk 1 then filters unavailable. New Mk2 required. Smaller bowl. No need to empty tank as Mk2 body fits old Mk1 part that enters tank. This maybe why filter not changed. Blow through oil line also recommended if old filter corroded in bowl.

Another thing - if the boiler is higher than the tank, one of the joints might be leaking and allowing air into the oil pipe. Also tank should be checked for water (especially after all this rain we have been having). Get a different engineer who knows what they are doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Firebird enviromax unused for 2 years causing trouble after oil tank filled in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was replaced in July of this year, otherwise has been running fine. We’ve not had heating/hot water for a month now, and with 2 young kids/unwell missus...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First post here, so please be kind! I am currently having a lot of trouble with air and related noise in my open vented heating system. Long story, with lots of things tried already, so please bear with me… Firstly, a photo of the heart of the system in the garage as it is today (lots...
Replies
Views
Help .. Running out of options.. I have a client with a Grant vortex utility system 36-46 with riello burner. There is about a 20metre 10mm oil line under ground from tank to a fire valve (vertical? ) then tigerloop, Then in through a 22mm duct into the property under passage about 2.5mts then...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
L
I have just joined the forum and I have found it to be a superb source of information. I was prompted to join to try and sort out the problems on my Camray 5 boiler. It is soon to be changed for a Grant external boiler but a friend of mine who is a registered installer has not managed to fit it...
Replies
Views
lawnmowerman
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock