Search the forum,

Discuss Female looking for a plumbing apprenticeship in Essex/East London area?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Megmog94

Hi there :)
I'm from Romford looking for a plumber in Essex/East London to take me on as an apprentice- any takers?!

I'm 20 years old, female and most importantly hardworking! But am finding it so difficult to get my foot in the door :(

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Welcome along. In sure as some of the rabble get in they would be able to point you in the right direction. I'm afraid I'm daaaan saff so won't be any good to you

Welcome and good luck.
Perhaps if you lurk around some of the local merchants you may strike lucky.
Perhaps Compass in Dagenham!

Your best bet is to call round all local companies and speak to them, also maybe try your local colleges to see if they can put you in touch with any of the employers they deal with who may be looking to take anyone on.

BG need women. Also it might be an advantage if you were gay/ bi and non white British - us see anyone can learn to be a plumber but only birth can make you an indispensable statistic.

Go on google look up all the local plumbing business's withing the radius you willing to travel & send them a CV, I sent out about 80-100 and it go me an apprenticeship.

Welcome to the forum. Are you at college? If so which one? Have you done any plumbing courses yet? Any work experience? Driving licence?

Thinking of expanding the workforce Mas? Or just someone to do illicit cheese runs?

Welcome to the forum. Are you at college? If so which one? Have you done any plumbing courses yet? Any work experience? Driving licence?

Hi Masood :)

No previous experience or college courses under my belt yet- am starting completely from the bottom! Would be very willing to undertake any unpaid trial period or work experience though.

I have a college willing to take me on to do my apprenticeship called 'The Training Trust' but I need to secure an employer before I can begin attending classes.

& Yes I have a driving licence and a car.

having a good female plumber in the workforce is a very handy tool as the older generation feel safer with females and dont feel as though they are being fobbed off (of course all us reputable engineers would never do such a thing!!) but there is a huge trust issue with the older customers.

Hi there and welcome megan-hope your not scared of spiders as youll get to meet an awful lot of them plus rats,mice bats etc...but don't let that put you off all the best..brum.

Hi there and welcome megan-hope your not scared of spiders as youll get to meet an awful lot of them plus rats,mice bats etc...but don't let that put you off all the best..brum.

Where do you work brum in a haunted house?

having a good female plumber in the workforce is a very handy tool as the older generation feel safer with females and dont feel as though they are being fobbed off (of course all us reputable engineers would never do such a thing!!) but there is a huge trust issue with the older customers.

I always found older customers, the nicest, most honest, the least likey to use you as a credit service & most trusting.

surely the gender of you heating engineer doesnt make him/her more trustworthy?

Where do you work brum in a haunted house?

surely im not the only plumber who still works in lofts and under floorboards quite often getting stuck
(well the belly does) cant wait for wireless water to turn up

surely im not the only plumber who still works in lofts and under floorboards quite often getting stuck
(well the belly does) cant wait for wireless water to turn up
No, your just the only plumber who doesn't give those jobs to the apprentice

No, your just the only plumber who doesn't give those jobs to the apprentice

Im probably the only plumber not have apprentice or labourer.
But this young lady wants to become an apprentice so will be crawling amongst all un savoury kinda stuff and coming out of lofts wearing a cobweb bandana (usually not knowing about it until walking into local for tea time gargle )Spiders are more scared of you ..than you are of them....its a mind game don't let them beat ya.

not sure being female is the be all and end all to old folks trust. The lass (so I was lead to believe) who was on my yr 1 course, had missing front teeth, normally sported a black eye most weeks and swore more than the rest of us put together). She never finished year one due to her lack of ability and common sense, she hit the tutor one day for criticizing her work, hence her departure :) However, the more mature mum who I joined in yr 3 was a different kettle of fish and anyone would have taken her on, as her work was superb and she looked better than any of us in her overalls :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Female looking for a plumbing apprenticeship in Essex/East London area?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock