Search the forum,

Discuss Extra charge to fix boiler installation. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My mum had a new combi boiler fitted. A few week later the pressure dropped (you have to manually operate a lever to re-pressurise it). We wanted to confirm there really was a problem, so we waited until it happened twice again before contacting the plumber. They confirmed there were 2 leaks, which they fixed. They explained that, when you move to a pressurised system, leaks can occur that were not there before. They then sent another bill for this extra work.

My question is: a contract to install a new boiler surely implies that the hot water system will be running correctly, so is this fix part of the original work,, or can they legitimately charge extra for this work?

Yes sorry to say chargeable did they make you aware of this when they came to visit / price / in there t and cs?

Existing pipework is not covered. Most of it is hidden under floors.
If you had a new engine put in your car then got a flat tyre would the garage be responsible?

Reply to Extra charge to fix boiler installation. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the digital pump. He did not inform us that we would need a new processor because we had changed to a Combi and subsequently a valve blew. Should my builders...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock