Search the forum,

Discuss Duty of care? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

midge

I popped into a shop for a paper and once inside I noticed a feint smell of gas. I mentioned this to the shop owner (small shop), who said yes there is an odd smell this morning perhaps its damp, can't be gas as we don't have a supply. I suggested she rang the emergency line to be on the safe side as it could be next door or coming in from outside and even gave her the 0800111999 number, she said she would.

I left it at that, but thinking afterwards perhaps I should have rung it in myself? I have no idea if she did or not, what would you have done?

I popped into a shop for a paper and once inside I noticed a feint smell of gas. I mentioned this to the shop owner (small shop), who said yes there is an odd smell this morning perhaps its damp, can't be gas as we don't have a supply. I suggested she rang the emergency line to be on the safe side as it could be next door or coming in from outside and even gave her the 0800111999 number, she said she would.

I left it at that, but thinking afterwards perhaps I should have rung it in myself? I have no idea if she did or not, what would you have done?

you did more than required, and if she wont take your advice/opinion then so be it. we are not responsible for every bit of gas every day

you did more than required, and if she wont take your advice/opinion then so be it. we are not responsible for every bit of gas every day
wow you love your involvement with gas.kirkgas,your so conscientious,it's admirable,did you pass your ccn1 this year or last year,wow what a guy.

wow you love your involvement with gas.kirkgas,your so conscientious,it's admirable,did you pass your ccn1 this year or last year,wow what a guy.

would you care to expand/explain your comment/attack on me and kindly explain the relevance of the date i passed my CCN1

I went to the post office once to get my car tax, an old school friend of mine lives in the white washed house next door, there was black soot all upthe wall from the balanced flue, I knocked on the door but got no answer so I popped a note through the door, I got a call from his dad thanking me saying that his wife had been feeling ill and that theyd switched off the boiler after my note and got BG round, the boiler was full of soot and hadnt been serviced in 15 years. I was a hero, just like the kind of hero "Bonnie Tyler" was asking for in her chart topping 1980s hit "I need a Hero".

I went to the post office once to get my car tax, an old school friend of mine lives in the white washed house next door, there was black soot all upthe wall from the balanced flue, I knocked on the door but got no answer so I popped a note through the door, I got a call from his dad thanking me saying that his wife had been feeling ill and that theyd switched off the boiler after my note and got BG round, the boiler was full of soot and hadnt been serviced in 15 years. I was a hero, just like the kind of hero "Bonnie Tyler" was asking for in her chart topping 1980s hit "I need a Hero".

you are supposed to go every year, seriously well done for spotting it, its what we do every day, and they took your advice, so alls well that ends well,

i think blackcatgas is having a 80,s night ,i once drove past a job i had put in some years before combi flue was sticking trough the wall 5 ft,stopped to check it out combi had been stolen,foot of water trough the flat gas going flat out. made safe. with that the police turned up,report smell of gas,then transco street evacuated the full works police would not go kin the flat until i declared it safe dont know why the thieves bothered pump and pcb had gone

You ever read anything Kirkgas has posted in the past?

Clearly Not.

"What a guy!"

like most of my posts only I found it funny so ive removed it lol (to myself)

Last edited by a moderator:
Moral citizen: Good thing to do. But how many times do you get told to mind your own business. Still you did a great thing. Personaly I try to walk around with the blinkers on; otherwise I would be on this forum all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Duty of care? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and need some advice about some concerns about a new gas boiler that I have had fitted by a gas safe engineer. My old boiler was a heat only (with a copper tank) and has been replaced by a modern combi boiler. It just used two 22mm pipes to feed to the diverter...
Replies
Views
Went to service a Inset gas fire today, customers booked me in last week. Said it ''smells funny'' when lit. Turns out the flue/chimney was completely blocked with debris. Fishy thing is they got a bird cage on their pot(next door hasent though), its a terraced house where two properties share a...
Replies
Views
R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and iambic pentameter: Vote for your favourite and here we go again Go vote, young man!
Replies
Views
Masood
M
W
Hi there, I would sooo appreciate any help or advice anyone has... I wanted a shower fitted as Ive lived in my flat for 12 years and a friend recommended a plumber guy who said i would be better off with a new system to get the water pressure... it started that he'd charge £1600 which i...
Replies
Views
D
I had a brand new Vaillant ecotec 837 boiler fitted in June and ever since then there have been intermittent rotten egg smells coming from the boiler. There are no hot water outlets in the room where the boiler is, it seems to emanate from the boiler/boiler cupboard itself. The gas safe...
Replies
Views
ecowarm
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock