Search the forum,

Discuss Does a Glow worm 18sxi need a constant live in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a glow worm 18sxi, in having a few problems and my insurance are saying its because it doesnt have a constant live so they wont cover the problem as it was installed this way 13 years ago. So does it have to have a constant live?

I have a glow worm 18sxi, in having a few problems and my insurance are saying its because it doesnt have a constant live so they wont cover the problem as it was installed this way 13 years ago. So does it have to have a constant live?

The installation instructions for the 18sxi clearly state that the mains must be maintained
uninterrupted at all times.

From the installation manual:

"The mains electrical supply must be maintained at all times in
order to provide domestic hot water.
Do not interrupt the mains supply with a time switch or
programme"

Hope this help you.

The installation instructions for the 18sxi clearly state that the mains must be maintained
uninterrupted at all times.

From the installation manual:

"The mains electrical supply must be maintained at all times in
order to provide domestic hot water.
Do not interrupt the mains supply with a time switch or
programme"

Hope this help you.
I'm not sure this helps me, my boiler isnt live unless it has a demand to heat the hot water for the tank or heating.

Reply to Does a Glow worm 18sxi need a constant live in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the boiler kicks into that mode, and sits there heating tap water that isn't going anywhere. Sometimes this happens if a cold tap has been used or the loo...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
10 months ago had a new Glow-Worm gas boiler installed in our bungalow. It failed nearly a month ago when a gasket internally in the HW feed cct to internal pump that appears to have been installed out of position leaked water over the pump and main electronics board and through the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock