Search the forum,

Discuss Dismantling a Grohe Europlus kitchen mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob L

Has anyone taken a Grohe Europlus kitchen mixer (model 33930 or similar) apart, below the level of the cartridge?

I've got one that's weeping below the column, but above the sink. There's nothing leaking underneath the unit, so I guess the flexible tails are fine.

I cleaned it up and put a new cartridge in, but it's made no difference.

Grohe say if it's not the cartridge then it's not fixable, but before chucking away a £300 tap, I thought I'd check.

The product documentation has an exploded diagram that suggests there are replaceable seals in there, but the Grohe man says no.

Grateful for any advice.

Yes, I have done a similar tap. Pull the spout up until you can see the o - ring that is around the base of the spout, then wrap 6 turns of PTFE tape around it. If the spout does not go back in, then use less PTFE.

Cheers Subby

The spout wasn't lifting so I thought there was something hidden that was holding it in place. I'll try a bit more force on it this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dismantling a Grohe Europlus kitchen mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm having problems with an old kitchen mixer tap.......the cold side is dripping from spout so I attempted to remove the brass cartridge to change rubber washers but for some reason after fully unscrewing it doesn't want to come out. Maybe something simple stopping it but I didn't...
Replies
Views
Okay so I went and purchased this nice Grohe Bau Curve Kitchen Mono Mixer Tap and I knew it came with 6mm bore flexi tails which was fine because I thought I'll just change them with 8mm bore flexi tails that I purchased at the same time. When I tried to undo the preinstalled flexi tails from...
Replies
Views
We are replacing our kitchen mixer tap, but I haven't figured out how to remove the old one yet as I'm a lowly DIY-er and unfamiliar with the fitting that holds it in place. The old tap is a Franke Zurich, and inspecting underneath the sink I can see it has what looks like a brass tube with a...
Replies
Views
My kitchen mixer tap (Franke Zurich) has developed a drip. Presumably the cartridge (hot) has started to wear out. It is one that I replaced about 3 and half yrs ago for the same reason (not sure how old its predecessor was as we inherited it). Doesn't seem a particularly great lifespan, but I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Hoping for a bit of advice/info in this one: My Setup Small system in apartment with cold tank above hot tank in the hotpress, so fairly low head pressure. Installed a pump about 15 years ago and worked fine until last week (original pump was an Stuart Turner ST55 replaced after...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock