Search the forum,

Discuss Different length of warranty between the installer and the boiler company? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cidfenmaria

Hope some experienced installer here could advise me:

I had a new combi boiler installed last month and I bought 5 yrs warranty from an installer. When I rang the boiler company they said I could only get 2 yrs for that specific model, I then asked the installer why he said that's because he'll need to register for me through a creditor (which I am not sure what it is) The installer also said he'll forward that warranty to me soon.

The above happened a few weeks ago however I am no longer able to get hold of the guy. I am a bit concerned because the offical time to register is running out (30 days says on the boiler booklet). Now should I bite the bullet to ring the boiler company to get 2 yrs (instead of 5 yrs that I paid) base on my position.

2 years Ideal logic
7 years Ideal logic+
Approved installers don't get to offer extended warranty and they don't offer a paid extension unless maybe it's through a third party or insurance type scheme?

Post some pictures if you can

Last edited:
thanks, either 2yrs or 7yrs, that's Exactly what the boiler company told me, Mine is 2 yrs

the installer promised 5yrs and said it's from a creditor so I trusted it.

So now should I get the installer pay me back the difference (between 5yrs and 2 yrs), or, should I just finger cross think he is still able to get me the 5yrs warranty somehow? Would there be such a thing so called creditor to boost the default 2yrs to 5 yrs (or in another word he is not telling the true)?

what picture do you need btw?

Pic of the install eg boiler and not normally

as I could remember not yet. is that a form found in the manual?

Think the only thing that has been done is the OP, No Benchmark cant get him to answer phone and I bet they over paid as well.

sounds like it but something else is bugging me with the op not putting pics up as well

Nightmare. Definite photos please

thanks, either 2yrs or 7yrs, that's Exactly what the boiler company told me, Mine is 2 yrs

the installer promised 5yrs and said it's from a creditor so I trusted it.

So now should I get the installer pay me back the difference (between 5yrs and 2 yrs), or, should I just finger cross think he is still able to get me the 5yrs warranty somehow? Would there be such a thing so called creditor to boost the default 2yrs to 5 yrs (or in another word he is not telling the true)?

what picture do you need btw?

Just of the install, pipe work , flue etc

boiler locates in the loft room without any lighting will try to take some today by using a torch.

It's not sounding great as a boiler should be installed in the loft with permanent lighting

really it's like that when I moved in and had the old ones, during the recent boiler installation we use a floor lamp.

Rules is rules Mate. There is supposed to be a permanent ladder fitted, proper flooring, permanent lighting and a handrail I believe. Just because the old one doesn't have it there is no excuse for the new one not to be installed to Regs

Think you need to look up what the requirements are now, Down to you if any one has a accident wile working on your boiler, Your installer should have explained what the safety / installation requirements are for Boilers in roof space.

It speaks volumes when The benchmark isn't filled out please give us some photos and we can give you some constructive advice

1st register your boiler or you will lose the 2 years, (Void if benchmark not filled in) 2nd Call Gas Safe and see if boiler has been Notified you will get a certificate from them (Needed if you plan to sell your house) So its either installer has seen you off Or you have done install your self,

1st register your boiler or you will lose the 2 years, (Void if benchmark not filled in) 2nd Call Gas Safe and see if boiler has been Notified you will get a certificate from them (Needed if you plan to sell your house) So its either installer has seen you off Or you have done install your self,

Thanks for the info. so for sure I would get 2 yrs at most, not 5 yrs warranty as mentioned earlier in this post right? I am not aware of the gas safe certificate either and will look into it. feel gutted

Thanks for the info. so for sure I would get 2 yrs at most, not 5 yrs warranty as mentioned earlier in this post right? I am not aware of the gas safe certificate either and will look into it. feel gutted

You will not even get the 2 years if Benchmark information HAS NOT been filled in all manufactures are insisting that this is done ! Quite simple NO Benchmark NO Warranty, this is done for your own protection & to insure that installation has been fitted by a Gas Safe installer, Please note that even worse , is that your House insurance may now be Void.

I would be checking the fitters credentials

I wouldn't hold your breath there is absolutely no reason to not fill it out when installibg

What you need to do is 1. do the necessary work in the loft so that complies, 2. Check with GAS SAFE 0800 408 5577.
3. If you cant locate guy who fitted it (Where did you find him) ? Than you will need to try and find another engineer that is prepared to check out what has been done and re-commission your boiler, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT as most will not entertain doing it, if your lucky expect a hefty Bill.

I wouldn't hold your breath there is absolutely no reason to not fill it out when installibg

Unless your not gas safe

I think you need to call Gassafe now and get an inspection carried out. You've tried the installer but they are not responding. Your safety, your families safety and that of your neighbours could be at significant risk. Gassafe will inspect, and pursue the installer. If he is not Gassafe they will prosecute and if he is they have the power to hold him to account and get home m to rectify the work or strike him off the register. Don't delay act now before it's too late.

https://www.User PlumbersForums.net...help-and-advice/complaints-report-an-illegal/

001.jpg002.jpg

call gassafe and was told need a registration number which I need to findout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Different length of warranty between the installer and the boiler company? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a recent CCTV survey has shown 5-6 areas of large joint displacement along an area of drain 5 meters in length. One company has said to do individual patch repairs. The other has said to reline that whole section. The 5 meter area also includes a 90 degrees bend around a corner of the...
Replies
Views
Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed all checks, provided certs etc. The government/Green scheme sends 2 other gas boiler engineers to double and triple check things and One was Bosch...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the boiler running again. The only reason it has not been used i so long is the the zone valve kept getting stuck (would have fixed this myself if i knew!)...
Replies
Views
HI all Was after some advice on warranty's. I had a boiler fitted under a government scheme, underfloor insulation and new boiler. I was told the boiler only came with a 2 year warranty. I was advised I could extend the warranty to 7 years at extra cost, I was told it was an extended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock