Search the forum,

Discuss Courses/College in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abrocky

Hi all

I have the opportunity to work for a local plumber, a paid position, which is a great start in getting experience needed to become qualified.

I want to become qualified as soon as possible, however, i will not be able to go to college to study, because I will be working fulltime.

Is there a fast track company, that offers fully recognised c&g nvg level 2/3 course? ... and not one of those "to the level of 6129" with an inhouse certificate.

im not worried about lack of experience becasue i will gain this in employment over a few years.

Hi all

I have the opportunity to work for a local plumber, a paid position, which is a great start in getting experience needed to become qualified.

I want to become qualified as soon as possible, however, i will not be able to go to college to study, because I will be working fulltime.

Is there a fast track company, that offers fully recognised c&g nvg level 2/3 course? ... and not one of those "to the level of 6129" with an inhouse certificate.

im not worried about lack of experience becasue i will gain this in employment over a few years.

yes, its called night school at college 2-3 evenings per week or day release. its your only option based on your preferances.

Some colleges may do a saturday course...that's What I'm doing at the moment at Kingston College

Hi Abrocky,
be careful don't sign up for a "fast-track" course.... Put a portfolio of evidence together as you do work and get it assessed to achieve an NVQ. Go for the C&G 6088 heating qualification because there is no 5 year rule so its cheaper and slightly easier to achieve...

Hi Abrocky,
be careful don't sign up for a "fast-track" course.... Put a portfolio of evidence together as you do work and get it assessed to achieve an NVQ. Go for the C&G 6088 heating qualification because there is no 5 year rule so its cheaper and slightly easier to achieve...

very good advice, from another who knows the crak ;)

thanks for the responces, I know fast track courses are not worth the money for experience etc - and will be gaining this with the plumber/comapny that i will be working for - i was just wanting to find one that i can 'use' to just gain my NVQ. but have found my local college will help there if i go on their course next september.

@shano - i live in preston, my plumber is in southport, but i drive so its not an issue - but will be working across lancashire and further afield by the looks of it... will be gaining a lot of good experience from houses to larger companies also - been really lucky to be offered the opportunity tbh.

Need to speak to him again, to what tools i should get to start out with any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Courses/College in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock