Search the forum,

Discuss Cost for replacing condensate trap vaillant ecotec in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

What would be the rough cost I would pay for a new condensate trap in a vaillant ecotec 28 boiler, the hose is split inside. Is it a big job to do? How many hours should it take. i have got someone coming to have a look at it. thanks

Difficult to say. The part will be around £20 - 30 and should take no more than half hour to fit, but you've got to consider picking the part up, travel time and because the trap is part of the flue, a FGA should be done so you've probably got 2 hours labour to add to that. I would say around £100 would be fair.

If the condensate pipe from the Heat exchanger is leaking i.e. before the trap, then the appliance is dangerous and Must not be used.
Please turn it off until it has been attended to by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.
Products of combustion will escape into the case and possibly the room. There is also a major risk of damage to other component parts and electronics.

Last edited:

Reply to Cost for replacing condensate trap vaillant ecotec in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock