Search the forum,

Discuss Complete solar cylinder systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shudzeye

Hi,

I'm about to do an installation on an old Edwardian house, will have 2 bathrooms and an ensuite, 24 radiators (inc towel rails). It's only a 3 bed but the rooms are so big they need 3-4 rads each in some.

The customer would like a hot water cylinder, off solar panels and a boiler.

My experience is mainly gas boilers, and I've seen certain manufacturers to whole system packages, as apposed to getting the panels, cylinder all separately.

Are any of these worth while or could anyone advise me of how to go about this. I have mates that are roofers and electricians etc...bit no one is solar specific..will I need someone to sign this side of it off?

Thanks

Steve

If you find a solar installer who , is solar trained by the manufacturer of the panels you pick, he can sign it off.
Otherwise you can go through building regs.

I did my solar (BPEC) and have fitted a Viessmann system to my house but I cant sign it off because I haven't done the Viessmann course. I am just going through building regs to do mine.

If they want to get the government cash back scheme (Domestic RHI) for the solar thermal, the system will need to be designed, installed and certified by and MCS accredited installer

Microgeneration Certification Scheme - Installer Profile
or generic search:
Microgeneration Certification Scheme - Installer Search

@townfanjohn, - so you weren't interested in the free handout from the Government - 19.2p/kwh for 7 years.... ? Why not?

I thought you had to be MCS registered , have I cocked up LOL ?

You do have to be MCS registered, most (not all) MCS schemes are also CPS schemes so cover the building regs side of things too.

That's what I was meaning - why didn't you work with / get an MCS certified company to design and install it. If you didn't then you wont get the governments RHI payments. (free money..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Complete solar cylinder systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for a heating engineer to recommend / install a pressurised cylinder and combi boiler system. There is ufh for a living space and two bathrooms, and radiators for the rest of the house. It's a 3 bed 2 bathroom property with solar panels on the roof, located in ringwood bh24. Any...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install to radiators being fitted and therefore able to comission the system. Our plumber is now employed elsewhere and unfortunately unable to complete this...
Replies
Views
I had solar thermal installed recently, the system is a viessmann and goes with our viessmann boiler. The controls are on the boiler, seems to work well. I spoke to viessmann technical after the install and they and the install advised to change the water heating from the boiler to only come on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock