Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boilers pressure relief height from floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Is there a regulation saying a combi boilers pressure relief pipe that exits externally has to be within a certain distance from the floor?

No but must spray back to the wall and not be over a door or window

I thought regulation was relief pipe must terminate within 100mm from ground level, or pointing back to outside wall safely

I think screwfix do the one that sprays back against the wall , sorry dont know its name

if the boilers instructions give guidence then follow it, many allow you to simply terminate back towards the wall in a safe poisition (not over a door or window) if the boilers instructions dont offer any advice then follow the regs for discharge pipework for unvented hot water. Ideal even give you a terminated pipe length which sprays the water down the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boilers pressure relief height from floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys So a bit of a dilemma Normal WC Unit height 766mm which is around the average mark. quite alot of bogs lets say the flush pipe center from floor is 330-340ish. However I have a comfort height Pan here and the center to the flush pipe from floor is 405MM So we're looking 65-75mm...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked the system pressure at 1.5bar and the relief valve but the noise persists unless a hot water tap in the house is opened then it stops for a period of...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock