Search the forum,

Discuss Column Radiators - Flow Direction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ciderspine

Hi, looking for some advice. I've had 6 horizontal column radiators installed and some heat up faster than others. I removed one to decorate behind and noticed there are sticky labels showing the inlet/outlet top and back. Out of the 6 only 2 have been installed as the labels say and the rest are either upside down or outlet going into inlet. Does the direction/position really matter - I am assuming it does because of the labels?

Yes some do have a flow and return it's the way they are made inside for the hole rad to work properly so they need fitted the way manufacture States

As above, some have restricters to force the water round the whole rad.

Wouldn`t be too hard on the installer, stupid mistake? Yes! But bet there`s a load of people out there that`s thinking "Well I never know that!".

Wouldn`t be too hard on the installer, stupid mistake? Yes! But bet there`s a load of people out there that`s thinking "Well I never know that!".

Not really a stupid mistake, when there is labels stating flow & return

It says that they where installed, so assume that same guy installed as piped

its not always that easy if system is drained how to tell which is which or pipework in concrete make reversing a nightmare

What would you call it then? I think it`s an error even a trainee shouldn`t make.

I agree it's a mistake, but the installer didn't rtfm and he didn't check that the radiators where working satisfactorily. That's all I was trying to say badly

Are the ones installed correctly the ones which heat up quickest? What make are they? Manufacturer's site should tell you if different connections are an issue.
TBH I've usually found most rads don't mind where you stick flow and returns in unless they're really long ones. Ones at home are Top Bottom Same End, Bottom Opposite End and even a twin entry valve. Only one which needs the spreader pipe is the twin entry valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Column Radiators - Flow Direction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock