Search the forum,

Discuss Cold water storage tank bung in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If there anything else that is safe to use to bung the outlet of a cold water storage tank. Could do. With some bungs tomorrow but most places can only get. Hold of them next day. Thanks

A McAlpine Washing machine spigot might work, I tried it once, but wasn’t sure how long it would last (mine was a quick fix - gate valve) - it was a tigh5 fit though. McAlpine WMF3 Straight Nozzle 1½ - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-wmf3-straight-nozzle-1-white-45mm/5689P?tc=JT7&ds_kid=92700055281954514&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=CjwKCAjwx9_4BRAHEiwApAt0zt_aF8hwt3SgF4Su4PhNZPhT5ThJcZX8O_upMbgkNtmemlnZ6wiBmBoClLYQAvD_BwE

I think cork was used many years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you not drain it and install a valve for future use, either by you or whoever follows on from you?

Failing that, carve a wooden peg and tap it into the outlet.

Reply to Cold water storage tank bung in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock