Search the forum,

Discuss cheapest place to buy a boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

that bloke.

anyone recommend a cheap outlet to buy an lpg combi?
cheers.

also , where is best to buy copper pipe from?

or should i find a plumber who would be willing to get the materials for me on a trade account?

if you know which one you want, shop about on the internet and phone local suppliers.

Some will have better deals on certain makes and not on others.

Watch carriage charges.

Probably not make a great deal of difference on a trade account unless you are buying large numbers of them.

anyone recommend a cheap outlet to buy an lpg combi?
cheers.

also , where is best to buy copper pipe from?

or should i find a plumber who would be willing to get the materials for me on a trade account?
How else will you install a combi without a plumber? Find a plumber, ask for his prices, they may negotiate with you and make a saving or when you get them to install their daily rates may rise to make up for their losses on not supplying parts. Swings and roundabouts and weve all got to make a living:rolleyes:

Don`t forget that every plumber has got a LPG cert

ive already got someone to do the install for me , just wondering if anyone knew of any places with discounts etc on boilers. ive seen almost 400 quid price difference in the boiler i am after on different web sites.

Someones already mentioned Mr central heating, they were £70 cheaper than my merchants after discount on the last Vaillant 837 I bought.

don't forget the old quote. if you pay peanuts you will get monkeys. if it's the cheapest there's probably a good reason for it. (i.e) it's rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cheapest place to buy a boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
M
Hi folks - am posting here for the first time, so hope that I've come to the right place for a bit of advice... I'm having a problem with my central heating that has got us stumped. And to make matters worse, I can't seem to find a local engineer or plumber (Liverpool/NW) who wants to go near...
Replies
Views
M
Hi. I really have very little (ok, make that "no") knowledge of central heating whatsoever. Perhaps someone can help me. My mother-in-law recently had a combi boiler installed. The quotation was for a 'Potterton' boiler; when I looked at the completed installation the boiler was marked as a...
Replies
Views
solorider
S
S
Hi all, I have a Potterton Combi 80 boiler 12+ yrs old and for some time now when you flick the central heating on the pressure will rise from just under 1 all the way up past 3 and into the red. As soon as it goes into the red water starts to leak out the back from the expansion vessel. A...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
C
Hi, dont know if I am posting in the right place - but looking for some help if possible please. Have Vaillant combi boiler approx 4 years old. Hot water has been a bit slow in the mornings then comes out brown, then works fine. Electric shower blew at the weekend - think this is the...
Replies
Views
coldinwales
C
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock