Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating - timer fault or something else? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Noticed that when we turn the heating on manually we would then notice it had gone back off again so set to continuous and saw this

video has sound

Does this look like a faulty timer or something else tripping it?

Thanks

Definitely doesn’t look right. What make of timer is not? These are normally quite easy to change if I’m honest.

Please like this post if you found it helpful.

Its a Honeywell, if it needs replacing I may well go down the smart thermostat route

thanks
[automerge]1569968843[/automerge]
If I wanted to change for another standard type timer are they all pretty compatible as this one looks hard to get
[automerge]1569968965[/automerge]
just seen I can swap it for a st9400a
[automerge]1569969095[/automerge]
last note, it doesn't do it when the heating isn't on

Last edited:

Reply to Central heating - timer fault or something else? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has just had a new boiler fitted and hes noticed that the pump runs 24x7 even when both the heating and hot water are set to off. He’s also found that when the hot water is set to off on the programe timer, the boiler is still heating up water. I wonder if this is because the engineer...
Replies
Views
Help Please We have a 2005 Worcester Bosch Oil Heatslave 26/32 that is fitted with the optional timer. Recently we have a problem. To get either the heating or hot water to switch on the timer has first to be set for both to be ON but this just prepares the unit as neither will switch on at...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock