Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating reset? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have split-level heating in a 3 storey townhouse. The control unit on the ground floor is wired and controls the heating on the ground floor and half of the first floor, and the hot water. The unit on the first floor is battery powered and controls the heating for the rest of that floor and the second floor. The battery indicator was flashing on the unit on the first floor a few weeks ago, so I changed the batteries. Ever since then, or possibly even before then, something funny has happened to the second floor heating. The heating now comes on on that floor when the ground floor control unit is on for either heating or hot water.

I've dug out the manual for the ground floor unit and I can do a reset on that, but wanted to check whether that was likely to fix the issue? I'm a bit nervous about resetting in the current climate, in case I can't get anything working again!

It sounds like the zone valve for the second floor heating zone is stuck in an open or part open position.

To test this:

Turn the downstairs thermostat to it’s lowest setting. Turn the upstairs thermostat to its highest setting - 30 degrees plus. Does the boiler fire? If it fires the wireless thermostat is ok, but the xone bslve is not opening / closing properly. If not it is either the thermostat or the zone valve. However, as it is passing the zone valve would be where I would start troubleshooting.

Try to take some photos of the Myson thermostat, its receiver unit and associated zone valve and post them if you need further direction

Reply to Central heating reset? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock