Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating pipe banging new baxi 228 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just installed a baxi 228 2 weeks ago flushed the system out as there was a fair amount of sludge ,boiler was running fine but now the ch pipes below are banging occasionally but kept them up throughout the night ,the boiler doesn’t even have to get to temperature on the heating .ive tried the obvious is air in the system but I believe I’ve bled all the air out as well as let the boiler go though it’s cycle first to get rid of any air in the boiler ,the pump and fan seem fine no vibration from that any idea

I’m the installer hence asking
I'm having trouble figuring out from your description precisely what the symptoms are. Are we talking about the sort of banging that arises from thermal expansion/contraction of the pipes or is it some sort of mixture/ignition explosion inside the boiler? Have you heard it yourself?

If you want advice about anything on the gas side of boilers here you need to a forum moderator have your Gas Safe registration details.

Reply to Central heating pipe banging new baxi 228 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Baxi 600 central heating is set at minimum the radiator symbol on the boiler is flashing. (asking for heat .fan is still running ) this is like this all day is this correct before I call out engineer there are no other controls ie time lock or room stat on system
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock