Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating not firing up is controller at fault r in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Renewed room thermostat and 3 port valve(drayton MA1) but hot water fires up OK but not central heating unless I turn off hot water timer settings on drayton lp522 controller?

The Y system requires 3 wires on cylinder stat (common, hot water requested, hot water not required) and wiring from hot water not required on programmer as well as hot water required. The 3 port doesn't select "heating only" without the "hot water not required" connections.

As above, check your wiring including above
[automerge]1570740383[/automerge]
Given your description, my first guess on wiring to check is
Hot water cylinder (hot water not required) to grey wire on 3 port valve .
Wire from hot water not required on programmer to grey wire on 3 port valve.

Please check that I have got the wiring correct as I'm doing this from memory!

Last edited:
Thanks for replying.. I'm going to recheck all the wiring today.. This all started over a failed room thermostat and the new one shows voltage when calling for heat and 0volts when not so that works.. I will check wiring centre in airing cupboard but at controller end it is buried in the wall in a huge ball! I will report back my findings later as I'm a DIY but I do have engineering knowledge.

Thanks for replying.. I'm going to recheck all the wiring today.. This all started over a failed room thermostat and the new one shows voltage when calling for heat and 0volts when not so that works.. I will check wiring centre in airing cupboard but at controller end it is buried in the wall in a huge ball! I will report back my findings later as I'm a DIY but I do have engineering knowledge.
Remember as I am sure you know, somewires are 240volts even when no demand

Since it works when. You turn timer off - I think that programmer is wirded ok.

Reply to Central heating not firing up is controller at fault r in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock