Search the forum,

Discuss Cant find the leak!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heighter

I have anOil fired boiler that serves the underfloor heating system and the upstair radiator system.We recently notices thatthe expansion vessel was regestering a drop in pressure and subsequently our local plumber replaced like with like.Next day same loss of pressure.He returned and re pressured the vessel(foot Pump) and left saying that we must have a leak in the system.He resturned to isolate the underfloor system and proved to me that there was no loss of pressure in this system so he deduces that the leak was in the radiator system.he efficiently checked every radiator valve and we checked all apparent connections and found no water leaks.He then left and due to the weather has been too busy to return to this problem.It has been getting worse s I have to fill the vessel each day so there must be some leak somewhere but where?Certainly no water damage in or around the house.Any suggestions please.We have a megaflow tank.
Thanks for any help

Hi. Look for rooms with higher than average condensation on windows. This may help you pinpoint the problem. Good Luck

Cap off both ends of the radiator system and use a pressure test pump across it. If it shows a steady pressure drop, next, repeat mid way and try to narrow it down.

Thanks will try this method.

Thanks for your help

cheers for the info

Last edited by a moderator:
it sounds like you Pressure relief valve from the boiler. Have you check for a 15mm pipe that is near the flue of the bolier outside? is there any water damage from around that? Greeny, blacky or even a murky white stain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cant find the leak!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hello, I am new to the forum so hello to you all and here's hoping someone can help pin point what our issue is? I have some knowledge of our system from researching the internet. We have a three storey house. On the first floor is an Ideal Icos HE24 boiler. On the third floor is a Megaflow...
Replies
Views
V
New to the forum and not a plumber/heating engineer so be kind :D I've been having a problem with pressure loss in my Worcester 24CDi BF. I have trawled the internet and tried various trouble shooting pointers but am now struggling, here's the scenario. The problem is a long term one, as a...
Replies
Views
Centralheatking
C
P
I have a Vaillant Ecotec 415 Plus system boiler installed a few years ago. Originally it was an open vented system, but I have recently done a renovation and made the central heating a sealed pressurised system with an external expansion vessel replacing the expansion tank. Ever since the...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all, New to this forum. Wonder if anyone can help. I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 37CDi combi in a 4 bed detached house, fitted with new radiators two and a half years ago. The house is about 30 years old. Since December I'm constantly finding the pressure in the central heating circuit...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
C
Water pressure on Vallaint dropped to below 0.5 bar over last few days and then F.25 displayed. I noticed 2 rads in loft has a lot of air and had to bleed several times before water came out. Topped up several times yesterday but pressure dropped suddenly. Topped up again this morning to 2bar...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock