Search the forum,

Discuss Bye-Directional Electronic Rad/Stat Valve Installation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Is there an optimum position for them on a radiator - meaning position them on the Flow or Return side.

I mean by this - is there a technical argument - If you have a choice (new installation) to say that mounting an Electronic TRV ( more sensitive) on the return side is better due to the less radiated heat to influence the TRV sensor.

Trvs are always best on the flow

Hello Shaun - by saying that TRV's are always best on the Flow side, ''why''!? I have to ask - is there a technical reason or are you going by experience or convention. If I may put my two-penny worth in and pose an argument - could it be argued that putting the TRV on the return side, there would be a lesser transfer of heat radiated/convective to the let us say a more sensitive electronic TRV - ignoring the fact that the TRV's are now bye-directional...joe

Because they are designed for the flow of water to pass a certain way if there installed on the return when they start to shut off they make a loud noise (sometimes a chattering noise)

also depends on the manufacturer but all valves are bi directional but you have to turn the body eg instead of the valve head upwards you must install it horizontally so the flow is exiting the rad

the only true bi directional valve is a danfoss rasc

Reply to Bye-Directional Electronic Rad/Stat Valve Installation in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock