Search the forum,

Discuss BOSCH RD 532i Pressure & Temp faults in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I have a Bosch rd532i and recently it's started to develop various faults.

It keeps overpressurising when not in use overnight, leave it on 1.2 bar and 12-14 hours later it's on 3-4bar. I have removed the pressure each time immediately though the relief valve.

Secondly, when the pressure is back to approx 1.2-1.5 bar, if the heating is switched on it will rapidly rise to above 88 degrees and cut out. I then can't get the heating back on for 5-6 hours.

I have checked the filling loop is not passing which is sealing fine. Somehow there is water topping up the CH and high temp faults randomly.

During all of the above faults, no fault codes have appeared.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nathan.

Assuming it's installed as a standard combi, i.e. no unvented HW cylinder, if it's not the filling loop passing there must be a leak within the boiler, which will need a Gas Safe engineer to fix. If you don't have one already contact Bosch:

Customer Support Hub | Worcester, Bosch Group

I believe that they do fixed price repairs, which you might want to consider as you may have two independent faults. (They should also check the inhibitor level in the system once the boiler has fixed.)

Last edited:

Reply to BOSCH RD 532i Pressure & Temp faults in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such as the following? Cold water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 2 seconds Hot water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 5 seconds Gas combi boiler pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock