Search the forum,

Discuss Boilermate 2000 difficulties after draindown in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi Chaps,

I'm in need of some advice if anyone has a minute or two.

A decorator drained down my boilermate 2000 to allow him to install a new radiator and now the boiler won't fire up.

The boilermate is showing 3 illuminated LEDs but nothing on the little LCD screen and it feels like only the pump on the right (out of the 3) is running.

Does anyone know how I can get the system back up again?

Oh deer...

What could have caused that? I understand that you don't have a crystal ball, but could this have been caused by the drain down etc...?

Had one of these a couple of weeks back if right hand pump running all the time it is the PCB anything from £300 + cost of fitting, depends what they did when they drained system, but that the chance you take when you don't get in the right people to do the job, why let a decorator do the radiator, think yourself lucky he didn't flood house as well, he was last to mess around with system up to him to put it right, should teach him not to mess with things they don't understand.

Oh deer...

What could have caused that? I understand that you don't have a crystal ball, but could this have been caused by the drain down etc...?

Don't need a crystal ball.

It was working before the 'Decorator' drained the system and added a new panel.
I would be asking the 'Decorator' to repair the system to at least the standard to which he found the system - operational.

Good luck - did the 'Decorator' offer to do the alterations / additions for you and charge you for them.
If so - he is responsible for the problems that have occurred.

I hope you still owe him some money!!!!

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boilermate 2000 difficulties after draindown in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Just looking for some advice if anyone has worked on a boilermate 2000 try to condense the story, Lived in our home 3 years with the system working fine, but 2 days ago hot water stopped. From research it now looks like the past owner already had a problem. They have changed the...
Replies
Views
I am asking this here because it is almost impossible to get a local plumber to answer the phone at the moment! Must be a busy time of year. I have never paid much attention to the heating system in my house in the few year I have been here until last week when it stopped working. It is a...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock