Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
When a GS person fits the boiler they fill out the benchmark cert.

Do they then register with gas safe & the boiler manufacturer?

Can you then find out whether a boilers been registered?

If so, what info is needed if you don't know the installer details & can't find the benchmark cert?

Thx

Is the bench mark filled in?
First clue as to if it's legit or not

So it probably won't be registered with building control...can't see how you'll identify the installer

Not looking to identify installer

Just looking to see if the boilers been registered on installation

If there is no bench mark, no registration paperwork and no building control paperwork it's unlikely to have been registered.

Ring the boiler manufacturer with the serial number & they'll tell you if and when it was registered.

When a GS person fits the boiler they fill out the benchmark cert.

Do they then register with gas safe & the boiler manufacturer?

Can you then find out whether a boilers been registered?

If so, what info is needed if you don't know the installer details & can't find the benchmark cert?

Thx

Installer fills In benkmark then register the boiler online thru gas safe I believe, who notify building control

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Thx all. The tenant has confirmed she can't find the benchmark cert. She & the LL both reckon it was left at the property 2 yrs ago.

Mmmm....

If this was your customer, what would you do if the boiler hasn't been registered?

Walk away?

Charge a fee to inspect boiler to see if it's been installed correctly & register it?

Other options?

Thanks, I need to find a GS engineer but I'd like to have an idea of the options first.

The LL is a lovely lady & may have been tucked up so of like to help her within the law.

Thx

She may be lovely but I bet she went for the cheapest option.
It's too late to register it and you wouldn't want to register someone else's work.
Does she not have an annual gas safety check?

The story goes...

The tenant is in rent arrears ÂŁ10k

At present there is NO safety cert. It needs doing ASAP. I told the LL forget the rental dispute, this is a legal requirement and if something bad happened she'd be liable.

Just service/ check the boiler and note on the sheet the instructions are missing and history can't be confirmed

Depends though doesn't it? If an engineer knows that it's a dodgy install ie non-commissioned appliance then doesn't he have a duty to cap it on that basis.

If after its inspected he deems it dangerous I say so but if he thinks it's 100% on surely he can issue a gas safety cert

Depends though doesn't it? If an engineer knows that it's a dodgy install ie non-commissioned appliance then doesn't he have a duty to cap it on that basis.

Yea but it might of been commissioned but the tenant has lost / binned the paper work, the only way you could have an idea is look at the install if it all looks correct and fga is fine

We don't live in a perfect world there has to be give and take

Same sinero someone moves into a house and they want you to check there boiler but have no paperwork as the last owners lost it / didn't leave it when they moved,

Point is though mate much as we'd like it to be a gas safety is never as thorough as a service or as a commissioning. You're working on the basis that the appliance has been correctly installed by a trained engineer and that upon commissioning everything was set up as per mis and that the actual stability, pipework, hanging brackets etc are all good

Point is though mate much as we'd like it to be a gas safety is never as thorough as a service or as a commissioning. You're working on the basis that the appliance has been correctly installed by a trained engineer and that upon commissioning everything was set up as per mis and that the actual stability, pipework, hanging brackets etc are all good

Well I'm sure if you told her it requires a service also she would get it done

And them points can be done at the time

Last edited:
Yea but it might of been commissioned but the tenant has lost / binned the paper work, the only way you could have an idea is look at the install if it all looks correct and fga is fine

We don't live in a perfect world there has to be give and take

Same sinero someone moves into a house and they want you to check there boiler but have no paperwork as the last owners lost it / didn't leave it when they moved,

Agreed mate but I'd rather err on the side of caution. Particularly as they are saying that it was never registered with gs/LBC or the boiler manufacturer. To be honest it sounds dodgy to me but then maybe I'm over suspicious. My point being, that based on a recent experience of mine where guy got his mate to install and wanted me to commission for the price of a gas safety and I told him exactly how it is and that if he wanted it commissioning then it would be on my terms and at my price.

I honestly don't thinks it's a case of her having a dodgy install & now wanting it checked.

I think the paperwork is lost

If I smelt a rat id bin it & not get involved & waste my time.

Last edited:
Well I'm sure if you told her it requires a service also she would get it done

I don't want to sound like I'm making obstacles but I just get sick of people thinking they are getting one over the system and getting things on the cheap because they don't want to do things correctly.

Agreed mate but I'd rather err on the side of caution. Particularly as they are saying that it was never registered with gs/LBC or the boiler manufacturer. To be honest it sounds dodgy to me but then maybe I'm over suspicious. My point being, that based on a recent experience of mine where guy got his mate to install and wanted me to commission for the price of a gas safety and I told him exactly how it is and that if he wanted it commissioning then it would be on my terms and at my price.

No one saying it was never registered

They're saying it was but can't find paperwork.

If she was telling me on the quiet a non GS person fitted it, I'd walk away. I'm not interested in dodgyness!

I honestly don't thinks it's a case of her having a dodgy install & now wanting it checked.

I think the paperwork is lost

If I smelt a eat id bin it & not get involved & waste my time.

What boiler is it? Is it worth registering it with manufacturer for extended warranty? I just get very suspect of people who can't remember who they've paid a couple of grand too for the install. I'd be happy for one of my customers to call me re a warranty or LBC issue as I know I register everything properly. It's just too coincidental when none of its done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock