Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler and water pump in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

let me set the scene

boiler in downstairs kitchen
Water pump? (red thing in airing cupboard upstairs)

the pump is loud enough to hear downstairs the drone or humming is noticeable and The boiler fires upat the same timethis all happensif heating ison or not

the pump gets so hot you can’t touch it any longer than a second, it runs stops for a second then goes again

If I had to put numbers on it I would say pump runs at least 18 hours a day on and off

the boiler fires up like every 5-10 mins too

yesterday I was out the front and smelt gas which I believe came out the flue Don’t often smell gas though

any advice do I need it looked at,
Thankyou

Perhaps turn your boiler off, turn your emergency control valve off (should be where your gas meter is - if you have one?) and either call emergency service as Keefy suggested or call a gas safe registered engineer for the 2 issues.

Safety first deal with the smell of gas isolate your boiler and your gas supply at the gas meter control valve and contact the emergency services as above , then employ a GSI to test your supply and the pump issue . Kop

Reply to Boiler and water pump in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock