Search the forum,

Discuss biasi boiler leaking water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I`m new here, sorry if i dont know any tech talk on boilers, but my boiler is leaking water, I cant get it fixed at the moment, but i cant stop it leaking ,I`ve tried to turn off the water at the mains but that doesnt seem to be working, unless the waters coming out from the boiler system? Theres 3 taps/valves below the boiler itself, I will attach a photo , can someone please tell what they do? they are blue yellow, blue, there must be some way to stop this dripping, its a biasi boiler i dont know the model, the pressure level is fine, 13psi,

regards,
Josh

Attachments

• boilerx.JPG
    boilerx.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 28
Hi, I`m new here, sorry if i dont know any tech talk on boilers, but my boiler is leaking water, I cant get it fixed at the moment, but i cant stop it leaking ,I`ve tried to turn off the water at the mains but that doesnt seem to be working, unless the waters coming out from the boiler system? Theres 3 taps/valves below the boiler itself, I will attach a photo , can someone please tell what they do? they are blue yellow, blue, there must be some way to stop this dripping, its a biasi boiler i dont know the model, the pressure level is fine, 13psi,

regards,
Josh
There is a reluctance to answer questions by non certified people on fuel burning devices. I found that snippet somewhere on the forum but it isn't obvious. I'm a DIY'er too by the way.

1. Left hand blue is hot water out.
2. Yellow is gas.
3. Right hand blue is cold water in.
4. There are also valves without handles on the pipes to the left of the left hand blue handle and to the right of the right hand blue handle. These can be turned with a spanner, and will be quarter turn valves. They usually have a line on the face which should be parallel with the pipes when the valve is opened, and at right angles to the pipe when closed. These are the valves for the flow and return of hot water to the central heating.
5. If you turn off all these valves, you should turn off the electricity to the boiler as well, or it could be damaged if it tries to fire.
6. If you close all these valves (although the gas can be left on), and it still drips, then the leak is from the mains water side of the filling loop (silver braided flexible pipe). You would have to shut off your mains water supply to stop this leak, but you could then undo the fitting with "wings" on the right hand blue valve and replace it with a 1/2" BSP cap. You could then turn the water back on again.
7. You need to be gas safe registered to do any more than the above.

There is a reluctance to answer questions by non certified people on fuel burning devices.

There are reasons for this, one being that certain critical checks need to be performed after "work" being carried out on a gas burning appliance as per the gas installation and use regulations (in the uk).

@Joshkz judjing by the photo, you need to engage with a suitably qualified engineer, gas safe in the U.K. To stop the leak, you can isolate all the valves as per Steady on, it will continue to leak if it's on the heating side until all the water is drained from the boiler. Only other place I'd say it could leak is the flue - rainwater ingress.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are reasons for this, one being that certain critical checks need to be performed after "work" being carried out on a gas burning appliance as per the gas installation and use regulations (in the uk).

@Joshkz judjing by the photo, you need to engage with a suitably qualified engineer, gas safe in the U.K. To stop the leak, you can isolate all the valves as per Steady on, it will continue to leak if it's on the heating side until all the water is drained from the boiler. Only other place I'd say it could leak is the flue - rainwater ingress.
Yes, I understand that. My comment was just to make the OP aware that there was a good reason he had no responses. Despite looking, I've not seen the policy made clear up front, and think it not unreasonable it should be.

Yes, I understand that. My comment was just to make the OP aware that there was a good reason he had no responses. Despite looking, I've not seen the policy made clear up front, and think it not unreasonable it should be.

Tbf it is under the heading when posting in central heating, but maybe needs to be emphasised?

Attachments

• CB0BDC8C-5981-454B-BA28-639905F0E849.jpeg
    CB0BDC8C-5981-454B-BA28-639905F0E849.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 9
Tbf it is under the heading when posting in central heating, but maybe needs to be emphasised?
Emphasised or re-worded for clarity is probably appropriate, as even though you've drawn my attention to it, I'm not seeing it explicitly stated. Sorry if that makes me seem a bit thick ;-)

I see in the orange bar, it says "Gas Engineer Forum | Gas engineer advice" in large type, then another couple of sentences in small type below. Is that the intended signal please?

If so, I think the message is implied rather than specifically stated. I guess the wording needs to cater for two audiences.
1) Certified gas engineers.
2) The rest of us who may not appreciate some of the nuances.

I'm trying to be helpful, by the way, not critical.

I'm trying to be helpful, by the way, not critical.

As am I mate. The trouble is because this forum now caters for worldwide end users, diy’ers and professionals, and because all countries have different rules and regulations it’s probably not pertinent to detail such information anymore. All I can say is in the uk, fuel burning appliances should be worked on by competent people, eg gas safe registered for gas burning appliances.

Reply to biasi boiler leaking water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock