Search the forum,

Discuss BAXI DUOTEC COMBI 24 HE A. Diverter issue. Motor, Sensor or Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all

I have a BAXI DUOTEC COMBI 24 HE A.

I suspect a diverter issue. Symptoms are hot water but cold rads.

No fault codes to report. At least nothing that begins with the letter "E".

No fuse issues.

There is a CENTER wifi stat involved but I am satisfied that's functioing ok.
Been through all program settings on the stat and they are fine.
It shows burner is lit and the fact that hot water is available on demand confirms that.

So I suspect a diverter problem so I am looking for some second opinions if that's ok?:

The diverter has basically three components.

The motor, the pressure sensor and the valve itself.

What I plan do first off is to remove and test the motor. The removal is a simple process according to the documentation. Has anyone done this before? I believe it is a cam of some sort that pushes a piston or something similar inside the valve when the hot water tap is turned on and off.
This effectively flips between hot water and CH. I also believe the pressure sensor plays some role in that flipping process. So if that's faulty that could also be a cause of the problem.

Have any of you been down this path? If you have I would appreciate your advice. (A mate of mine told me to just tap it with a hammer to unstick it but I'm not so sure about that).

So, the motor. Can this be tested in place or is it best to remove it and test it on the bench? In either case what would I be looking for apart from a noise that sounds like a motor running because that doesn't necessarily mean it's doing its job.

Is it possible to give the valve mechanism a nudge when the motor is removed? In case it's stuck.

I'm guessing the pressure sensor detects the change in pressure when the tap opens and closes so that could be instrumental in telling the motor when to run. Anyone know anything about that?

All and any input appreciated.

Thank you.

Could I save you some time and sugggest you get a gas safe engineer out to look at it and ensure it’s all repaired and put back together safely. What it sounds like to me is ending up throwing parts at the problem trying to solve the issue if you don’t know how to test them

Could I save you some time and sugggest you get a gas safe engineer out to look at it and ensure it’s all repaired and put back together safely. What it sounds like to me is ending up throwing parts at the problem trying to solve the issue if you don’t know how to test them

Do you have any experience in this area that you would like to share? I thought that was what this forum was about. Was I mistaken?

Do you have any experience in this area that you would like to share? I thought that was what this forum was about. Was I mistaken?

Dear o dear , have you heard of gas safe ?
thats us , its what we do, we are qualified, are you ?

Dear o dear , have you heard of gas safe ?
thats us , its what we do, we are qualified, are you ?

Wow . 3 for 3. Looks like I came to the wrong place. I'm an Engineer actually. Mechanical and Electrical. Experience with a lot more complex machinery than a Baxi Combi. And if you are "qualified", as you put it, you should know that nothing I have mentioned in my original post has anything to do with gas flow and, therefore, does not required gas safe intervention. Now. Is there anyone o this forum who would like to have a conversation about my original post? Why are you even on here if this is all you have to offer?

There's a surprise. 'I'm an engineer'

Doesn't matter. Even if you were a rocket scientist.

For the sake of yourself, your family and your neighbours get a Gas Safe Engineer.

There's a surprise. 'I'm an engineer'

Doesn't matter. Even if you were a rocket scientist.

For the sake of yourself, your family and your neighbours get a Gas Safe Engineer.

Who do you think designed these boilers? Clue. It wasn't plumbers. Gas safe or not. It was Engineers. Now. If you have nothing to offer that's fine. Just ignore the post from this point on. Which is what you should have done in the first place. I didn't come here for a scrap.

The laws of the land you are not deemed competent to legally work inside a combustion appliance.

Now you are either too thick to understand that or too arrogant. Methinks the latter.

Wow . 3 for 3. Looks like I came to the wrong place. I'm an Engineer actually. Mechanical and Electrical. Experience with a lot more complex machinery than a Baxi Combi. And if you are "qualified", as you put it, you should know that nothing I have mentioned in my original post has anything to do with gas flow and, therefore, does not required gas safe intervention. Now. Is there anyone o this forum who would like to have a conversation about my original post? Why are you even on here if this is all you have to offer?
To be fair mate. Being a mechanical an electrical engineer doesn’t make you competent to work on boilers. Sorry to say.

Who do you think designed these boilers? Clue. It wasn't plumbers. Gas safe or not. It was Engineers. Now. If you have nothing to offer that's fine. Just ignore the post from this point on. Which is what you should have done in the first place. I didn't come here for a scrap.
They have done exactly what they are supposed to do mate. Which is, if you are looking for information where it seems you will be stripping the appliance down yourself, being the responsible Gas Safe engineers/technicians that we are is to advise you to get someone in that is Gas Safe qualified. You might not like the answer but that is your answer.

Ok let’s flip this would you talk someone through pulling the cover off a 400 a 3 phase panel, inspecting and testing a broken circuit breaker then talk them through replacing said breaker

I believe you would say no

Could I draw your attention to the forum rules on the matter so unless you’re gas safe you’ll get very little from us

To be fair mate you're not a Mechanical or an Electrical Engineer so you're not sufficiently qualified to make that judgement.
Yawn oh you’re an engineer. Well that makes all the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BAXI DUOTEC COMBI 24 HE A. Diverter issue. Motor, Sensor or Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock