Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Duo Tec Keeps Dropping Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a baxi duo tec 28 HE which keeps dropping pressure and return E119 error code.

In the last month it's had to be topped up 3 times and I topped up again early this week to 2 bar and today the pressure has dropped to below 1 bar.

I've checked all the radiator valves for leaks but can't find any. No visible patches on the ceiling either. Downstairs the central heating pipes run under floor boards so can't really check unless I lift all the floors which I really don't want to do.

Is there any way or test that can be carried out to isolate where the leak is e.g on the boiler or on the system?

Basically I only want to go down lifting the floorboard if I can be sure the leak is on the system.

I've checked the pressure release pipe (the copper pipe outside) and no visible signs of water there either.

Any tips and advice would be appreciated. The boiler is still in warranty but baxi are unwilling to look into it.

Tests can be carried out by a professional only, sorry. One thing you could look for is a pressure increase when used and relay this to your engineer. It is usually a case of losing pressure/water from the system,but in order for you to remove the cover you need to be gsr and if you are then post in gsr forum or ask for permission to join. Forum rules.

someone suggested tieing a freezer bag to the pressure release pipe outside overnight and check if it fills up with water in the morning.

Please can you explain what it would entail. If water fills up in the bag what exactly is wrong with the boiler?

somthings failed and needs an approtiate gas safe engy to come and fix the issue

somthings failed and needs an approtiate gas safe engy to come and fix the issue

I don't intend to fix it myself but it would be good to have some idea of what is wrong so that I don't consistently get fobbed off by an engineer. Otherwise this forum is useless if the only advise you can offer is to call out an engineer.

Adam , its the rules .
Ring up gas safe if you don’t believe us

So it might be something to do with the expansion vessel...it's not like that's confidential information. The same information is publicly available via the baxi youtube videos.

This is a dead forum...

And again , ITS THE BLEEDING RULES , I , we ,
do not have to go into the why and wherefores.
Ring up Baxi then . Good night .

And again , ITS THE BLEEDING RULES , I , we ,
do not have to go into the why and wherefores.
Ring up Baxi then . Good night .

What's the point of the forum. Why do you even bother responding since no useful information is provided. Just remain quiet and slowly but surely people will stop posting.

What's the point of the forum. Why do you even bother responding since no useful information is provided. Just remain quiet and slowly but surely people will stop posting.

The point of the forum is mainly for uk based plumbers and the likes seeking advice on plumbing, heating, etc. Not everyone wants gas related advice, and for those who do have the privilege of being in the gsr forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Duo Tec Keeps Dropping Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock