Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Duo tec 2 straight swap needed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gordon T

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can any of you fine folks tell me which Baxi/Potterton/Main boiler would be a straight swap out for a 28Kw Duo Tec 2 GA Combi please. I dont do many boiler changes but have been co-erced into doing this one. If I can get a boiler that would fit in its place without altering any pipework would make the job easier and quicker. Thank you. G.

There isn’t a straight swap with out altering for the ga range, it was very problematic anyway and got discontinued.
Best bet like kop says is to go for a new 600 series, it will definitely need pipework alteration, tbh there you’re kidding yourself if you’re looking for a straight easy swap these days, long gone are the days when you could chuck them on the wall in a morning and take your cash and run away. (Erm not that I ever did this BTW)
Boiler need a little care and attention, mag filters, water softeners, those little anti water hammer devices (I always forget what they’re called 🤪) boiler+ controls, setting up gas valves, cold flushing and hot flushing, and other bits I’ll remeber later.... paperwork, registering with gas safe, registering for warranty to give your customer piece of mind, little stickers on the front to remind them when the service is due.

All goes to making a good business model for yourself.
Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Reply to Baxi Duo tec 2 straight swap needed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask is there a function to remove air from a Baxi duo tec combi 24 HE A. If there is can some one kindly tell me the procedure. Looking online i found on newer baxi boilers that you turn the heating knob all the way back (12-oclock) anti-clockwise and then 2 quarter...
Replies
Views
Baxi DUO-TEC boiler Trying to repressurise using the 2 blue valves - left valve won't budge. Any ideas please?
Replies
Views
Baxi Duo Tec 28 Hot Water Issue. Hi, I have a Nazi duo tec 28. I’m having an issue with my hot water. If the CH is on, and I turn on the hot water I get warm/tepid water provided the HW temperature dial is set about 3o’clock. If it’s set any higher, I get an E28 fault, and my water goes cold...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all. After some advice before I get some quotes. I have a 19 year old baxi 105e instant that needs replaced for something more efficient. I’m looking for suggestions for another baxi combi boiler that can be changed over with minimum work. My flue is side exit from the boiler (approx 1m to...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock