Search the forum,

Discuss Bauhaus RADVS2 towel rail valve leaking in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

This valve is leaking just under the square cap. If I want to take the cap off to try to tighten the nut underneath it do I just pull on it?

Thanks
Vik123

I think that's what you call it. This is what it looks like:

Certainly looks like it just pulls off, look for a grub screw, if you don't find one or a hole(possibly with a cap on) then you can be pretty sure it just pulls off.

I spoke with Crosswater and apparently once the valve goes it needs to be replaced!

Therefore, is it possible to change the two valves on an upstairs radiator without having to drain the whole system?

How old as they have a five year warranty,
[automerge]1594539629[/automerge]
I would be looking at different valves as they should be repairable,

How old as they have a five year warranty,
[automerge]1594539629[/automerge]
I would be looking at different valves as they should be repairable,

They are 4 years old, they are sending out a set of replacements which I intended on fitting. But maybe you are right, it might save more hassle down the line fitting better valves. Any suggestions as to which?

The replacement arrived as pictured. The arrow in the first pic shows where it has been leaking.

The red highlight shows where i intend putting ptfe tape.

Do you think i should attach the bottom first or the top?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200714_143311.jpg
    20200714_143311.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200714_143349.jpg
    20200714_143349.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200714_143429.jpg
    20200714_143429.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 3
Don't put PTFE on where you have coloured in red, those threads aren't the part that create the watertight seal, PTFE there won't influence any leaks. Bottom first as the union fitting can go in slightly skewed if needed and still create a seal.
If you feel a need to use PTFE (as most DIYers do :) ) put a couple of wraps on the olive.

Don't put PTFE on where you have coloured in red, those threads aren't the part that create the watertight seal, PTFE there won't influence any leaks. Bottom first as the union fitting can go in slightly skewed if needed and still create a seal.
If you feel a need to use PTFE (as most DIYers do :) ) put a couple of wraps on the olive.
Great, thanks for that!

Reply to Bauhaus RADVS2 towel rail valve leaking in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday because the radiators were not working it has stopped working, if I go into the loft and press the flame button on and off it seems to come back to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. The current towel rail is 1000mm x 600mm and ideally I'd like the pipes coming straight from the ground into the rail. The distance between pipe centres is 695mm. I can get a 750mm wide rail but the centres with that are 705mm and that additional 10mm could cause too much strain on...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Can I simply undo the screws on this heater towel rail, make sure it's off and prop it up while I paint the wall behind it? I saw tutorials that said to drain towel rails but mine doesn't have any controls, just a switch outside the bathroom. Thanks!
Replies
Views
Bathroom towel rail with straight lockshield valves as in picture. Can't remove the top to tighten gland nut as it is leaking. Must be possible to remove but I can't and don't want to force it off.
Replies
Views
P
Hi I’ve got a blockage somewhere that’s preventing the GCH bathroom towel rail from heating. Plumber has offered to try and resolve it at £100/hour. It sounds like there’s no guarantee the blockage can be found and/or fixed. So I could be pouring money down the drain trying to resolve the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock