Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom plumbing issue for disabled tennant in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm at my Witt's end so am hoping someone can give me some advice.

I had bathroom refit almost a year ago now after Wandsworth council agreed to change my bathroom into a shower room due to me having an amputation. A company was brought in and it became quite apparent they didn't have much of an idea on what they were doing (toilet flush installed upside down. Broke water pump installing it, didn't pay floor with the correct run off to the drain etc) ever since the install, which took over a month and was never officially snagged and Signe off, we have had problems with the draining both from the sink and the shower which has gotten worse and worse. If I turn the sink tap on the basin will fill as if the plug is in and drains extremely slowly. If the shower is on, the sink fills with water. I initially thought it was a blockage and have tried several things to improve it but nothing works. We also get this greasy gunk that is coming up the plug hole when the shower is running.

I am trying to get the company to make this right as all this is extremely difficult. Especially when I rely on the bathroom so much.

I would appreciate any advice

Thank you

Jay

Attachments

• PSX_20200522_111813.jpg
    PSX_20200522_111813.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 12
  • PSX_20200522_111747.jpg
    PSX_20200522_111747.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 14
  • PSX_20200522_111813.jpg
    PSX_20200522_111813.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 13
  • PSX_20200522_111747.jpg
    PSX_20200522_111747.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20200520-WA0012.jpeg
    IMG-20200520-WA0012.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 13
Total stab in the dark here but ...........
Would you please look EVERYWHERE for a switch turned off and turn it on for a minute with the basin full of water and whilst the property is silent. Start with the easy to find ones on walls both low and high up then move on to inside every cupboard where someone could possibly hide one.

If that doesn`t work then there is a small access panel in the first & third photo`s that might prove worth looking behind.
Lastly is it in a ground floor bathroom in a house or perhaps a second floor flat.

Total stab in the dark here but ..
Would you please look EVERYWHERE for a switch turned off and turn it on for a minute with the basin full of water and whilst the property is silent. Start with the easy to find ones on walls both low and high up then move on to inside every cupboard where someone could possibly hide one.

If that doesn`t work then there is a small access panel in the first & third photo`s that might prove worth looking behind.
Lastly is it in a ground floor bathroom in a house or perhaps a second floor flat.

Its situated on the 1st floor. There is a pump but it struggles

Its situated on the 1st floor. There is a pump but it struggles
As Simon said it is really down to the council to put right. I hoped you complained straight away as the warranty on the pump might expire soon and by the sounds of it it hasn`t been installed correctly.

Reply to Bathroom plumbing issue for disabled tennant in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock