Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom plumbing issue for disabled tennant in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm at my Witt's end so am hoping someone can give me some advice.

I had bathroom refit almost a year ago now after Wandsworth council agreed to change my bathroom into a shower room due to me having an amputation. A company was brought in and it became quite apparent they didn't have much of an idea on what they were doing (toilet flush installed upside down. Broke water pump installing it, didn't pay floor with the correct run off to the drain etc) ever since the install, which took over a month and was never officially snagged and Signe off, we have had problems with the draining both from the sink and the shower which has gotten worse and worse. If I turn the sink tap on the basin will fill as if the plug is in and drains extremely slowly. If the shower is on, the sink fills with water. I initially thought it was a blockage and have tried several things to improve it but nothing works. We also get this greasy gunk that is coming up the plug hole when the shower is running.

I am trying to get the company to make this right as all this is extremely difficult. Especially when I rely on the bathroom so much.

I would appreciate any advice

Thank you

Jay

Attachments

• PSX_20200522_111813.jpg
    PSX_20200522_111813.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 12
  • PSX_20200522_111747.jpg
    PSX_20200522_111747.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 14
  • PSX_20200522_111813.jpg
    PSX_20200522_111813.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 13
  • PSX_20200522_111747.jpg
    PSX_20200522_111747.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20200520-WA0012.jpeg
    IMG-20200520-WA0012.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 13
Total stab in the dark here but ...........
Would you please look EVERYWHERE for a switch turned off and turn it on for a minute with the basin full of water and whilst the property is silent. Start with the easy to find ones on walls both low and high up then move on to inside every cupboard where someone could possibly hide one.

If that doesn`t work then there is a small access panel in the first & third photo`s that might prove worth looking behind.
Lastly is it in a ground floor bathroom in a house or perhaps a second floor flat.

Total stab in the dark here but ..
Would you please look EVERYWHERE for a switch turned off and turn it on for a minute with the basin full of water and whilst the property is silent. Start with the easy to find ones on walls both low and high up then move on to inside every cupboard where someone could possibly hide one.

If that doesn`t work then there is a small access panel in the first & third photo`s that might prove worth looking behind.
Lastly is it in a ground floor bathroom in a house or perhaps a second floor flat.

Its situated on the 1st floor. There is a pump but it struggles

Its situated on the 1st floor. There is a pump but it struggles
As Simon said it is really down to the council to put right. I hoped you complained straight away as the warranty on the pump might expire soon and by the sounds of it it hasn`t been installed correctly.

Reply to Bathroom plumbing issue for disabled tennant in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100% coming from the toilet. Tried Lugi worlds best plunger, that air gun blaster and 50 buckets of hot water down the toilet for 2-3 days and no joy, the...
Replies
Views
We have issues with the plumbing in our old apartment and we have vibrations in the floor, especially after we have flushed a lot of water like after a shower or running the washing machine. There's also a low frequency humming all over the apartment. I'm thinking there must be some pipes under...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house for almost 10 years, no issues. Have 2 bathrooms, 2 loos that all go to a large underground soakaway, I believe. I can only see one soil vent pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hello We recently had a bathroom referb with a new sink and vanity unit that contained all new plumbing for it. The sink doesn't have an overflow and is draining really really slowly as I understand that there needs to be an air vent in the trap etc.. I know that this is pretty basic but know...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock