Search the forum,

Discuss Any experience with Glow-worm or and Alpha boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simbob

Just had some combi boiler quotes in, quoting for Glow-Worm and Alpha boilers. I've never heard of either and wondered if anyone had any experience good or bad.

Out of the 2 I would go for Glow-Worm part of the valiant group, Glow-Worm was a very well known UK boiler maker, Aplha is more budget range don't think they get a good write up, Look at hot water delivery rate, & length of warranty, if your running on LPG then intergas boiler is the one to go for, B4 you decide do some on line research ! Baxi, Ideal, Vaillant, Glow-Worm, Worcester all have very good web sites with easy to understand information

I wouldn't fit either personally. I'd shop around a bit more and get some more quotes in. Maybe put an ad here..[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If it's a Glowworm energy they seem to be pretty good. New model utilises a lot of Vaillant design

Baxi Duotec HEA 7 years warranty more engineers out there in the event of a problem,,i install only baxi and aim never to let a customer down with a boiler i have fitted ,i also look after them out of warranty but i work on most other brands,Alpha are total junk,closely followed by glowworm,get more quotes

Intergas from me, but having said that it didnt take long to replace a gloworm pcb today, silly customer turned it off :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any experience with Glow-worm or and Alpha boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm horizontal flue right? I mean when a bg gas engineer tells you that you'll have to change the whole boiler as well because you can apparently no longer...
Replies
Views
P
Does anyone know where I can find the decibel rating for the British Gas 330+ boiler? I'm looking to get it replaced and wanted to compare it against the Glow worm energy 18r or 25r boilers (18W or 25W) or does anyone have any experience of these two models in terms of how noisy they are?
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse and has been working without issue until now. The pilot light went out and now wont relight. It lights but as soon as you release the button it goes...
Replies
Views
A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the boiler kicks into that mode, and sits there heating tap water that isn't going anywhere. Sometimes this happens if a cold tap has been used or the loo...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock