Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha InTec 24X - Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Our boiler keeps losing pressure so I thought maybe we could repressurise ourselves to save the landlord coming out to fix it, since it could be a couple of days before he can.

However I cant seem to find any taps/valves in order to do so. I've looked at videos for help but everyone else seems to have an obvious thing to turn.

Can anyone help with where to look and then what to do?

Thanks.
20190429_150608.jpg
20190429_150639.jpg

Is there a silver braided hose anywhere on the pipework below or in the kitchen cupboard below or even stupidly in the airing cupboard

Yes!

Cant get behind the cupboard underneath as its boarded off, nothing in the, what I assume used to be the airing cupboard.

Was about to give up but thought I'll look under the sink and there it was, found the valve and repressurised the boiler. Tha k you so much, though why it's under the sink with those pipes I dont know?

It would be prudent to notify your landlord in writing (letter / text / email) that the boiler keeps losing pressure, preferably giving some idea of the number of days it takes before it fails to fire.

Constantly adding water also adds oxygen with that water, and dilutes the inhibitor chemical in the system. This can lead to problems with the system such as rusting of the radiators from the inside out, and the formation of "sludge" which can cause blockages.

While it is the landlord's duty to supply a working heating and hot water system, you have a responsibility to advise him / her in a timely manner of any problems. I'm sure you don't want the landlord to suggest you have caused system problems when you come to leave.

Reply to Alpha InTec 24X - Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock