Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha CD32C pressure to high, need help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Yesterday my boiler's pressure gauge suddenly shot up to 3 bars (it has never done this before). I turned it off and started to bleed the kitchen radiator, this only brought it down to 2 bars. I also noticed that the overflow pipe is leaking a lot so i turned the water off entirely. This brought the pressure right down and also stopped the leaking outside.

However as soon as i put the water back on the pressure went right back up. I daren't even try the boiler.

Can anyone help?

You have a failer on a part inside you boiler which will need a GSI to service or replace when was it last serviced? I recommend a service call be booked for a engineer to attend. Kop

Call them back for a repair explain the symptoms it will be obvious what the fault is , sorry we can't post Gas boiler repair info on the public forum only advise the best course of action. Kop

I won't pretend to know anything about plumbing but I've been bleeding the radiator for a while and even with the water turned back on I'm down to 1.75 pressure and the leaking from the overflow pipe has stopped. Is that promising or am I just grasping at straws??

Reply to Alpha CD32C pressure to high, need help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Hi all, My pressure is stable at 1.5 when the boiler is off, but if I switch it on, the pressure rises as expected, but once switched off it will only drop back down to 1.6. This happens exach time the heating is switched on so eventually it gradually rises to above 2 bar and I have to drain...
Replies
Views
Damo666
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock