Search the forum,

Discuss air in ch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paver 59

ive come to the point where it must be air in my system as to the reason why my rads downstairs are not geting warm. i undid the screw on the pump and air came out for at least 4 hours until i got sick of empting the bowl so then i went to the nearest rad and started to bleed from their again for at least 4 hours an air still comes out how long will it last or is it a case of how long is a piece of string?

Sounds as if you are boiling what little water that is left in your system? Make sure your boiler is switched off and vent the rest of the air - check that the flex hose from the fill up is not blocked - if it is clean it out & refill the system until you have water in the rads ? Hope your heat exchanger isn,t goose'd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to air in ch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Ive had to replace the pump isolator valves as they were leaking. All done and working but struggling to get air out. Rads are all good but when the boiler starts and stops there is odd sounds but mainly coming from inside the HW tank, sounds like water falling so im guessing air in...
Replies
Views
I have flushed a CH system removed each Rad and removed any residue of black sludge filled the system up and treated with inhibitor. However after 2 days the water in the Overhead tank is gone red. The Ground floor rads are piping hot and the upstairs are Luke warm bleed the rads still no joy...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock