Search the forum,

Discuss Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Galle

Hi all, please can someone give me some advice ,, I am currently happy working for a commercial plumbing company but I have been offered a new job - it's for a water treatment company called Clearwater , has anybody heard of this organisation ? Does anyone on here do water treatment as a job? It is a change in direction for me and I am in two minds what to do , if someone on here who maybe is in the water treatment industry can advise me weather or not it is a good career move then feel free to give me as much info and advice as possible ,, they have offered to train me from start to finish testing for legionella , temperature testing , tank cleans , tank installs , the lot !

thanks

Welcome to the forums.

I know of Clearwater. Most of their guys are thumbless.

Wonderful habit of not refilling tanks after chlorination.

If your young, good and the money is better then go for it, its all experience that you may be able to use in other jobs latter down the line.

Welcome to the forums.

I know of Clearwater. Most of their guys are thumbless.

Wonderful habit of not refilling tanks after chlorination.

Or filling and running leaving others to clear the air locks!

Thanks for the reply , I am actually looking for someone to tell me what the industry is like and the actuall work , is it boring , physically demanding that sort of thing ... I am happy in my job at the moment but with this company approaching me and with it being a change of direction I am interested to research the type of work that's involved before I make my decision

I'd imagine its pretty easy, if not boring work. Depends how much you enjoy draining systems and filling them with chlorine, or stripping down TMV's to test the temperature. Ive done work like it and its a nice change, but its not my whole job.

I have heard of them. But the job like you said is more commercial which would be working with the big companies like eg: thames water and could be working in one of their plants working on the process of portable water or the (STW) (PST) primary settlement tanks (PTW) primary treatment works (FST)final settlement tanks etc and probably find it easier and seven days a week

attic work yeuck
Attic work ??? It's commercial work so can't see it being that bad ! Or is it ? Thanks for the advice guys , they told me I would be employed as a environmental service technician ! As I say if you no of anyone in the industry or you are your self feel free to pass on your advice

Have to agree with the first reply from croppie…….. Been to many of there mistakes! I have been involved with another company on some jobs i have done and like already said would be a good change of work, can imagine it being abit of a pain sometimes but take the rough with the smooth like any job.

Last edited:
Have to agree with the first reply from croppie…….. Been to many of there mistakes!
Sorry I don't think I have explained myself correctly , I am not bothered what there mistakes are I am asking what the work is like and is it a good career move ,, think there is bad in most big companies to be frank

galle you don't need to post the same question twice just give it time and you may get the answers you want

Sorry I don't think I have explained myself correctly , I am not bothered what there mistakes are I am asking what the work is like and is it a good career move ,, think there is bad in most big companies to be frank

I know but i also said about some of the work iv seen and said what i think. All comments are helpful……. you said they are going to train you up, you want to be trained the correct way.

it will be draing and filling large comercial buildings mostly i would imagine like most jobs i can be boring i would imagine there will be plenty of out of hours work career wise im not sure there would be much opportunity to progress but it would be another skill to add to a cv in future realy it comes down to the moneyb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock