Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on water softener please gents in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tommc

Hi everyone, I have a culligan water softener with the mc250 electronic vale, it's been reaching the overflow recently so phoned a local softener company to come out and fix it, the guy was a gent and told me he didn't want to as the valve is a poor piece of equipment and he felt he would be ripping me off, nice of him, he's advised me not to try fix it but get another valve for the tank, any advice on what one or any of you guys got one lying around from a reliable company that your looking to flog??? Gutted as its only about 7-8 years old

Because the local softener company told me its pointless, yes they will come out and fix it and charge me £185 for the pleasure, but its only guaranteed for 12 months because they break constantly and it's no longer owned by culligan as they flogged the company before it got any worse

Tapworks or Monarc for me. Never had an issue, fingers crossed.

Cheers howsie I will have a mooch on google about them, apparently fleck and some American valve are expected to last 20+ years with no issues as well?

Bite the bullet and get a Kinetico or Harvey twin cylinder water softener. It will be a lifelong investment. No electrics or timers to worry about, no problems with getting hard water in your system when the system is regenerating at 2 o'clock in the morning!!

40 years ago I had a Permutit softener set to regenerate at 2 o'clock in the morning. Arrive home at early o'clock after a party and flush the lavatory - bang, hard water in the system. Wait a week or so for this hard water to work it's way out of the cold water tank in the attic. How frustrating.

All this changed when I bought a Kinetico 20 years ago. Fit and forget, but do not forget to check the salt blocks!! Yes, salt blocks, they are much easier to manipulate than the 50kg bags of salt granules that I used in the "old" days!

Get one and enjoy the soft water.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on water softener please gents in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock