Search the forum,

Discuss 43 mm plastic waste pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Penny

Hi
I need a new 90 deg bend plastic waste pipe. Unfortunately, the pipe appears to be a non-standard make, a chap in one of the plumbing suppliers I asked said he thought it was a continental size.

It is about 43 mm outside diameter. It is just too big for the screw threads to fit the standard white waste pipe bits and pieces sold by Screwfix/Wickes etc (I know, as I took the broken on and tried it with the bits at Wickes.

It is a shiny, dark grey (if that gives anyone a clue). I need a piece with both arms of the right angle about the same length, with a screw thread on one, and a compression ring* on the other.

*probably not the correct term! A loose ring threaded inside to tighten the part down onto another part.

Any ideas where I can get such a part? I have looked for 43 mm waste pipes on the net, but haven't managed to find what I want.

Hi penny, waste pipes are measures in imperial too. You need to ask for 1 and 1/2 inch abs solvent weld fittings ( which glue together with solvent weld glue) it sounds like, or try compression fittings also 1 and 1/2 inch. Could be that the grey bit is abs and the white bit is pvc, so use a compression elbow. Did you just try a 40mm pushfit one at wickes as this will not fit.

I have a similar problem, I bought a concealed cistern with a wall hung toilet on ebay from a belgian based company and I have cut the waste pipe a bit short, I now need a 43mm outside diameter pipe, the 40mm solvent pipe is close but it leaks, any ideas would be very welcome, China seem to use this size as standard.

Can you fit a universal straight connector?

Basically a plastic compression fitting for approx 40mm pipe - I usually use it to convert from push fit to solvent weld.

Most plumbing merchants have them.

I have a push fit bend on the cistern I bought with the pipe measuring 43mm internal and 45mm external so I tried using a solvent pipe as the external looks to be 42-43mm but it leaks, do you think I could smear silicon around pipe and then install it or is there anything else I could try ?

There are converters you can use for the european sizes.

If you are skilled enough you can heat up a length of narrower solvent weld pipe and enlarge it over another piece of pipe to increase the diameter. Its easy to do this for different sized overflow pipe so I assume with a bit of effort it can be done on larger pipe.

There are converters you can use for the european sizes.

If you are skilled enough you can heat up a length of narrower solvent weld pipe and enlarge it over another piece of pipe to increase the diameter. Its easy to do this for different sized overflow pipe so I assume with a bit of effort it can be done on larger pipe.

I've made a socket on 4" by heating it when i was stuck one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 43 mm plastic waste pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi people, I am trying to do a basic plumbing installation, and would like some pointers, as i have never done any plumbing in my life, and i want to do the job right and as simply as possible, without fuss, and preferrably without calling a plumber out. I want a challenge! I want to use...
Replies
Views
plonkerplumber
P
T
I need to replace the shower waste unit in my ensuite but the pipe is 43mm. I have tried everywhere locally (local plumbing supplies, Travis Perkins, ScrewFix, B&Q, etc) but cannot find this size. I did buy a 40mm unit hoping that there might be enough play in it but there wasn't. Any suggestions?
Replies
Views
mikejthomas
M
D
Hello! I'm hoping you guys can help with this one as its proving to be a real nightmare for me. I'm trying to change the waste pie and overflow on my bath. The bath is about 60 years old, so getting the old system out was difficult to say the least, but I did eventually manage it...
Replies
Views
M
We recently had a new combi boiler fitted in our kitchen. The installer used a rubber adapter to fit the condensate pipe directly into a 40mm boss on an adjacent soil pipe (the adaptor is a rubber ring with ridges around the outside and inside). Now, before putting drywall over this area...
Replies
Views
mfripp
M
K
hi guys, after a bit of advice here. just installed a vanity unit, from plumbworld - came with a concealed cistern. The pipe from the cistern to the bowl seemed to be 40mm at one end, and 32 at the other. The seal that goes into the pan is a black finned type. a dummy fit together prior to...
Replies
Views
k13wjd
K
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock