Search the forum,

Discuss 27 Year Old Apprenticeships? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BillyBoy1983

Hi. I am 27 and live in the Glasgow area. I have started writing letters to dozens of plumbing companies and employers in the hope that one of them will be willing to take me on. I am desperate to get into the plumbing industry and secure a trade and proper career. Would anyone know if there is a chance for someone my age or am I probably wasting my time? Thanks alot. Billy.

There's at least one person on here who managed it at the same age. I suspect your chances are very poor though. Can't hurt to try. You'll want to write to every single one you can though. I wrote to just shy of a hundred a year ago. To date I got one reply. I just as easily could have had none so I know I got lucky.

Thanks alot!

I will keep at it & hope for the best.

Cheers!

i was 27 mate - finished my time by 30 now have own company and im more qualified than the lad i served my time with - but its not easy. poor poor money and i had 3 kids to keep and a three bedroom house - nightmare worth it though - do it properly serve your time and you'll be laughing - the only reason i got in was the lad i served time with was banned for drink driving. needed a driver see :)

you can get an apprenticeship at 27 its just harder as there is less funding

Thanks q-plumb & fuzzy :D

I feel much more confident now that I can achieve my goal. Are any of you two based in Glasgow?

Any tips on who might be the best people to contact? Many thanks!

BB.

Try social housing business,s my son got in at 23 on an apprenticeship with the housing bum i,m with as he showed competence and confidence , crap money for 3 years mind but then it should be all gravy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 27 Year Old Apprenticeships? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock