Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the Australia - Plumbing Advice primarily for Australia, by Plumbers Forums..

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I removed the old vanity unit in my bathroom, intending to do a makeover. Finished the shower cubicle, and starting on the vanity. I bought a 2nd hand basin with taps, but I find it's far too heavy to mount on the new counter I made. What I'd like is a plastic basin. I see a few on eeb ay, but...
Replies
Views
was just wondering whether someone could explain the purpose/operation/faults associated with one of these valves. Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong thread I did not know where to put it.
Replies
Views
D
Thermal Solar I have installed the above in my 3 bed simi with22mm pipe and an E and WEst panels into a cylinder with solar h/E and boiler H/e above . Is there and DIY way ( am not a proffesional) of filling and flushing , without buying and expensive fll and flush station please ? I used a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m a kitchen/bathroom fitter and have a job coming up where the customer has had an extension built and added another bathroom which backs onto the existing bathroom. the existing svp comes up in the corner of existing bathroom then runs horizontally to the toilet in a 1m high box...
Replies
Views
Hi all Im after some advice please. This is a bit difficult to explain so i have added some pics. I am adding an ensuite to the house. As part of this i am adding a new soil stack as the original soil stack is at the back of the property and ensuite is at the front. My problem is i need to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've had an 18/24 HRE fitted a year ago. I have a 3 bedroom semi detatched with currently 6 1.8kw double panel convector radiators. We are about to get a new bathroom installed with a shower off the mains holier. I'm also looking at converting our garage into a room with another 2...
Replies
Views
Hi Our toilet bowl is constantly filling after flushing. I've looked on the internet and youtube and couldn't see anything like the cistern we have (I'm no DIYer by any means) I've attached a picture, cousl anybody point me in the right direction? I've tried to change the height of the white...
Replies
Views
I have a new boiler in my loft. It's attached to the outside wall of the house. You can hear vibrations when it is on from 2 floors down in the living room. Is it possible to add dampners to the back of the boiler to reduce vibration down the side of the house? Are there other solutions?
Replies
Views
I'm just wondering if anyone had any tips for draining down a heating system etc in a flat where you can't run a hose all the way out so has to be done all within the flat, but doesn't have a shower tray so the hose has to go up and over into a toilet etc. I sometimes use a wet and dry vac but...
Replies
Views
Been asked by a kitchen fitter I know to help him out with Wickes kitchen installs. He hasn’t signed up with them yet, apparently there’s fixed rates for the kitchen sink, gas hob etc. Anyone got a copy? Be useful to see before getting involved…😉
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping for some advice on problems I’ve had with a combi boiler. I have a Vaillant ecotec plus 831 serving 4 radiators and 1 towel rad plus water to a bathroom and small kitchen. Only recently bought the house and there were signs of leaking at all rad thermostatic valves and the stains...
Replies
Views
Needing the lever mechanism but don’t know where to buy it from. Doc m armtage shank toilet
Replies
Views
Hey guys. I know we sleeve copper pipes through walls to protect the pipe but what is the reaction called when copper is in contact with the brick mortar or plaster? Debating with a colleague. He thinks it’s elecrtolisys
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, When we moved into our house we had a radiator in my son's room. Unfortuately it was not connected, there are two pipes coming out of the floor but each end is not connected to the radiator, i have put some photos on to show you what it is like. Just wondering is this something i...
Replies
Views
Any idea how to get into the cartridge on this tap. I can remove the spout and also unscrew the sleeve on both hot and cold. No idea if there is a cap for the levers to remove. Thought for a while that it was an anti clockwise unscrew, but that doesn't work either :-(
Replies
Views
    • Disagree
I have a friend who wants a radiator adding to his system in the garage. His proposing teeing off the 10mm pipe drops to the rad. Behind the garage wall in the kitchen. How big will this be heat wise? It's a new build so all piped from a central manifold in 10mm and can't really get to it to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just replaced the combination pressure reducing valve on the inlet to my unvented got water cylinder. The new valve is exactly the same model as the old valve, but hums very loudly when any hot tap is turned on. The only time there is no humming is when a tap is fully open. You can...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Homeowners always keep up with the latest trends in kitchen refurbishments and ways to cut down costs. So, plumbers and installers need to ensure they can offer their customers competitive quotes, whilst maintaining margins by cutting down installation times. On average, replacing a kitchen...
Replies
Views
Our HeatraeSadia Electromax boiler has just been serviced. Since the service we get a lot of vibration from the system each time the hot water is run after the system has been heated up. After some investigation and correspondence with the service engineer we concluded that it was probably...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock