Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the Canada - Plumbing Advice primarily for Canada, by Plumbers Forums..

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, my wife and I have recently purchased a house in Edinburgh (move in date 6th dec hopefully) and I have been working hard to get a plan done for a diy manifold and I shall do a complete refit of the bathroom. I plan to do it all myself bar the electrics and boiler connections. The...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just bled my loft radiators and now boiler is low pressure. On looking under boiler, I don't see any obvious key or valve. Any suggestions? Picture of under boiler: Picture of pipework: Any help, much appreciated.
Replies
Views
Need advice around these clicking sounds. I posted last week, but I didn’t get much luck. This I have recorded the sounds. The sound appear to be around my toilet, but I don’t think the toilet is the issue but something behind toilet - in the wall and probably a pipe. Hope you can help me...
Replies
Views
Hi all just joined 😃 Last month I had a Worcester Bosch 24ri fitted on my own place it's all registered now and commissioned by a friend of mine (gas Safe) Was all ok until I removed the towel rail in upstairs bathroom which is on the flow and return. This was off for a few weeks while fitting...
Replies
Views
Plastic Thermostatic Dial has broken. Need alternative option as Sirrus Ts1600 is discontinued. any suggestions? TIA
Replies
Views
My washing machine is leaking out the drawer. I ran some washing machine cleaner no use, cleaned filer and drawer no use what could the issue be?
Replies
Views
Have traditional vented indirect system, in my case F&E tank base same level as large tank, so top level of f&e tank is lower, F&E tank overflows/steady trickle, maybe one bucket every 3 hours, also somewhat brownish water (water from taps crystal clear), guess it is coil, or could system be too...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, called out to a Biasi M90 with no DHW or CH. ignition pcb was faulty but since realised that there is no live to that board. I have a live feed into the main board and fuse is good. Do we reckon it’s the main pcb that’s at fault?
Replies
Views
I have a Drayton Digistat 1 Room Thermostat which ran out of Battery. I replaced with a new set and it ran out within a month. I've now replaced with another new set of Alkaline Batteries (GP Ultra) and it again ran out within minutes. Is there a short somewhere which is draining the Batteries...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a MiGenie Dual system to control my heating system wirelessly, as it is 'nearly' plug and play with my Dayton 722 controller Something just occurred to me... I can understand the smart C Heating temp idea as there is a change to a wireless room thermostat.. Then I notice that...
Replies
Views
I’m wondering weather this stringy stuff (see photos) around my towel heater’s pipe joints could be some kind of fiber/string with asbestos in it? They don’t really look like hemp to me, and I’m a bit worried about it! Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi guys, This is my first post so apologies if this isn't the right section for the post. I'm a qualified plumbing and heating engineer with nearly 20 years experience under my belt. I have an issue with a (client supplied) TM Traymate shower tray/trap and wondered if anyone else has had...
Replies
Views
I’ve got advantage invented hot water storage RM cylinder. I have got coil1 soil 1 Both are connected with copper pipe. Looks like one for heating and one for hot water but the soil 1 for hot water pipe has a stopcock What is the difference between coil1 and soil 1
Replies
Views
I bought a new replacement indirect vented cylinder and immersion but it turns out that the plumber has wrongly connected it up and needs to rotate it. The water from the radiators is coming out of my hot tap. I have had to switch of the boiler, after it started making a noise and water came out...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, I apologise if I miss any protocols My issue on the face of it has been covered many times, but specifically in this instance it makes no sense and I have not yet found a reasonable answer, if you can help it would be very much appreciated. I have an open vented...
Replies
Views
Have a great Thanksgiving to all our members over the pond!
Replies
Views
This tap is located in the water supply for my sink and washing machine. It has two holes in it that almost contantly percolates. The bottom line goes into the floor slab. Can't understand it's purpose. Pressure release? Trap primer?
Replies
Views
The mechanical thermostat on my Worcester boiler is not working properly. I can turn on the heating by moving the button down. The clock is not moving therefore I cannot set the heating to come on when I want. The battery light on the unit is flashing. Does this mean that the battery is done. I...
Replies
Views
We have some large Britannia brass taps, one of which has begun to leak pretty badly because the washer that should be attached to the tap spindle has degraded and is pulling way when the tap's opened. The trouble is, the washer is huge: 1 1/4" (300mm) by the looks of it. Does anyone know...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock