Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the Plumbing Zone - Plumbing Zone Forum.

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Thought I'd attempt to outrank another forum. But I'm not sure my skills are there yet 🤔 😕 😅 Plumbing Zone forum. And contractor talk and electrician talk are other ones of theirs. Will collate some stats on them.
Replies
Views
I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit when not in use which is 90% of the time, can I put a 3 zone valve on the flow after the tenth rad and divert to a new T piece on the return to...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and rather dated Heatmiser DT thermostats. One of the upstairs zones is combined for the bedroom/dressing room. So that's 2 rooms, 2 manifolds, but one...
Replies
Views
Is there anyway of testing electrically with a multimeter or any other way. Of testing that when you turn a room stat up it is creating a demand and opening the zone valve? Thank you
Replies
Views
We have UFH throughout downstairs. I have had one coil replaced. I have had the thermostats checked that they are linking to the correct actuators, which they are. the cupboard where the UFH system is gets hot when I turn up the thermostats in one or all zones. The boiler is coming on but the...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I have 2 zones - one for bedrooms upstairs and another for the living areas downstairs. Now the plastering has been finished and I am costing the combi...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the 1st time this season I found a problem with the boiler not running on one of the zones. If I turn on the heat to zone 1 I hear the system...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2 years ago) that had a single pipe heating system but over the years there have been some changes made to the system that meant it didn't work. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the downstairs radiators and zone 2 all of the upstairs radiators ? I have thermostat room programmer down the stairs and another one upstairs. I think the two...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time plumber and poster here. I've installed two new zone valves and replicated the direction inwhich the original valves were installed. I'm really confused now as I think the originals may have been installed the wrong way round. The Grundfos pumps' arrow is pointing down whereas my...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Any recommendations guys? I’m looking for a central/single controller which will be located (in boiler room) away from the underfloor heated rooms. There will be six or so areas which will need to be separately temperature controlled. Each area will have a temperature sensor wired back to the...
Replies
Views
Is there any advice on using Honeywell Evohome with 2 zone heating. Honeywell support are pretty useless and give conflicting advice. They suggested I ask my installer (but my installer suggested I ask Honeywell). I found a support article on the Honeywell Resideo website by Googling...
Replies
Views
Hi. This UFH system is in my mil's bungalow purchased earlier this year. It has 9 zones, is run from a WB 37CDi combi, and uses Wavin actuators with a wall stat in each zoned room. It all appears to work just as it should. A few weeks back, tho', one of the two bedrooms warmed up excessively...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping to check if I have a genuine fault, or something I've overlooked. I've just moved into a my first house with a conventional boiler and hot water tank. The heating system has two heating zones (upstairs / downstair). Currently with both thermostats up high and the heating zones...
Replies
Views
J
Hi I have a honeywell programmer which does 10 min cycles but with the zone valve fitted it is closed during a 4.5 min long pump only cycle. Is there a way to stop this and only close when pump stops. It is open during heat and pump part but you can gradually loose a warm rad with it not...
Replies
Views
N
Hopefully a quick question: I have bought a new house and had a few issues with the CH system (they connected the valves for the two zones to the wrong thermostats which has now been fixed) but have now come across something that doesn't make sense to me. I have a downstairs cloakroom (toilet)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using mu UFH for the first time and it doesn’t seems to get the whole floor warm enough let alone the room. (Intalled May 2022). First use this week. It is installed as per manufacturer’s details but seems to have to much temperature drop across the loop approx 25degc. Flow rate...
Replies
Views
I want to buy a Hive wireless multi-zone system I have a dual-zone wireless system. A combi boiler plus a hot water cylinder. What do I need to buy from Hive? What's the cost to install? Ray
Replies
Views
We moved into our flat over the summer and haven’t really used the heating much and no guides or anything we left so really don’t understand how it works! It is a wet underfloor system, with 5 zones controlled via a Loxone app (smart home system). Currently the room furthest away from the...
Replies
Views
I have a Heatmiser UH8-RF controlling my underfloor heating, connected to the NeoHub with three zones with NeoStat v1 thermostats. This is about 3 years old now and when setup everything was installed worked fine. All the main current functions work - I can control the UFH with the app and it...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock